xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: D/l Media Manufacturer And Compatibility Thread  (Read 1320 times)

KiDx

• Archived User
D/l Media Manufacturer And Compatibility Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »

I have alot of backups on all kinds of media. phillips,memorex, verbatim, you name it. now they all do have their success rating. the verbatim would read 1/7 times while the memorex would get 1/20(if im lucky). however i decided to do the rubberband mod ( http://www.360mods.net/News/article/sid=71.html ) Now i didnt think the mod would apply to me because i hardly got "open tray" error, i got the unplayable disc most of the time but i did it and now all my backups boot flawlessly regardless of the media type. i seriously recommend it to everyone. try it first before posting errors. i have the hitachi 47 drive with maximus xtreme 2.3 stealth rev 2

This post has been edited by KiDx: Feb 11 2007, 01:18 AM

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

Hmm, I've got the same drive and same firmware revision but I've never had a single problem with Verbs.  I thought that the trick only worked on the Samsung drive though.  I guess you learn something new everyday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by jesterrace777: Feb 11 2007, 01:27 AM

kidman64

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

i just bought philips 2.4x dvd+rl dl which happens to be ritek d01, it's working perfectly even tho there's one spike amont pif failures;)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »

Ah but see how it works for you in a few months time. wink.gif  Good to know about the manufacturer though as previously they have all been CMC produced.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

out of curiosity  -  how have the made in india verbatims been working out for people?
Has there been a serious decline in the quality of verbatim DL's or has verbatim made them stick to the same level of quality as there singapore plant?

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

Truth be told the MII DL Verbs have yet to find their way to the shelves.  I have yet to hear of anyone actually getting them yet.

ricflairandy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

Ive orderd some verbs, but could do with some media right now as the verbs wont be here for a week.

Going to call into the local media shop tomorrow and get some cheapish disks to tide me over. What would you guys reccomened from the following

MediaRange MR460 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (10 TUB)
£7.35 inc VAT  

RiDisc Xtreme 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (25 TUB)
£19.95 inc VAT

Datawrite Titanium 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (10 TUB)
£9.10 inc VAT

RiDisc 8x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (10 TUB)
£7.40 £8.70 inc VAT

Arita RITEK 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (25 PACK)
£21.95  

Bulkpaq 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (25 TUB)
£16.75 inc VAT      

RiDisc Xtreme 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (10 TUB)
£8.95 inc VAT      

RiDisc 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R (10 TUB)
£8.70 inc VAT

thanks

swampy1111

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

best ones ive ever come across are a-one printables ive had more succes with these than i have with verbs, had more fails with verbs than i have with these and they are less than half of the price under 7 quid for 10 from bigpockets and look at the users feedback you never see a bad report on em

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »

Actually I've seen plenty of complaints about them on cdfreaks and I trust their reviews far more than the scammers who frequent bigpockets (nice long list of complaints about that site as well).  @ricflairandy, you need to read the first link in my sig and be patient and wait for the Verbs.  None of those discs that you listed are worth wasting money on.

This post has been edited by jesterrace777: Apr 16 2007, 06:50 PM

ricflairandy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Apr 16 2007, 06:20 PM) *

Actually I've seen plenty of complaints about them on cdfreaks and I trust their reviews far more than the scammers who frequent bigpockets (nice long list of complaints about that site as well).  @ricflairandy, you need to read the first link in my sig and be patient and wait for the Verbs.  None of those discs that you listed are worth wasting money on.

I got some printable bulkpaq. They seem ok, must have goten lucky. They are the 01 diye.

Also got some ridisc and they are the 04. Havent tried them yet

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

RitekD01, right?  I believe the Ridisc are B-Grade CMC DL media.

mirko

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 06:23:00 AM »

Been using Verbatims no problem (at £2.50 each) last time went to my DVD guy we was speaking about backups for 360 + he told me to use Mirror DVD+R DLs (RICOH- JPN ID) instead of Verbatims... Gave me free pack of 10 to try out, all worked fine, only few weeks ago so don't know how much life they got, these discs are only 90p each aswell. My DVD guy sells 3million of these Mirror DVDs a month + swears by them... Quite suprised he recommended these to be honest as Verbs are alot more expensive! Will see how they cope in few months time eh... Not sure are real Ricohs, cant find out their country of manufacture anywhere.. Anyone else used these discs before?

doityourself

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 04:40:00 AM »

pioneer 111 writer Samsung SH-D163A Kreon Alternative FW v0.80   hlg 46dh spoofed to 47 x360 drive ixtreme 1.2 rev 2 fw using datawrite 2.4x dvd+r dl media (yellow disk) datasafe media £18/25 tub 3 bad backups out of 25

phrane

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

Outstanding post!
A first class thesis clearly demonstrating not only why the "Mitsubishi Kagaku Media" discs are a must for the 360, but also the necessity of supplying our hardware good media in general.

Many times i've winced at the sound of dvd drives scratching and jerking back n forth just trying to read data of a freshly burned disc... wondering just how long before the drive collapased altogether!

After 8 or so years as a Ritek only disciple (from G03 days) blindy using it across all my hardware, its time to re-assess that approach, and instead start to optimize the media for the target hardware in hand.

For X360, the media of choice is clear.

Excellent post!!

(ps, i'm hearing some chatter regarding A1 discs, and that they great media for 360. Sound like they could also be MKM - singapore also...)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »

Nope, Aone have been confirmed to be faked Ricoh discs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11