xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 On A Samsung Plasma 50"?  (Read 1487 times)

gopokes7

• Archived User
Xbox 360 On A Samsung Plasma 50"?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

I have a 42" LCD Samsung and it works great. I use it as my tv and computer monitor to save space because i am a college student. I think its great and i paid about 3000 for mine. You might look into the LCDs because i've been told by a few buddies that the plasmas burn in. they've been in the business awhile but maybe they are fool of it, just thought i'd see if i could help. Best of luck bro....

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

All of what you said is why ive held off from buying a new one.  So many technologies that are evolving so fast.  I'll get a DLP but only when it "gets there" (I see rainbows on all of the old ones).  LCD and Plasma just suck IMO.  

LCoS is sick but I dont have the wallet for it right now.  I started saving last year so next year I'll be able to drop 3,000 on a tv.  Hope its enough LOL.

jaygould30

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ May 22 2006, 03:43 PM) View Post

All of what you said is why ive held off from buying a new one.  So many technologies that are evolving so fast.  I'll get a DLP but only when it "gets there" (I see rainbows on all of the old ones).  LCD and Plasma just suck IMO.  

LCoS is sick but I dont have the wallet for it right now.  I started saving last year so next year I'll be able to drop 3,000 on a tv.  Hope its enough LOL.

3grand can defenitly get you an Lcos SXRD.  Honestly this summer is going to be interesting.  Right now the 50" SXRD can be had in most retail store for what 3,400?  I know if you look online enough (maybe choose a slightly lesser warranty) you can get one right now.  This summer with the new line coming they will be trying to move the older model out the door for drastically reduced prices if 1080p HDMI is not to important to you.  Also there are alot of people that think the 55" might come out at the same price as the current 50" or some believe less....I hope so.  So I would not count Lcos out of your choice just yet.  And the Lcos I believe will be there this summer with the LED design instead of your convential Lamp and Color Wheel design...but thats just speculation till we can see one.

Really I wish I could wait till the dust settles myself BUT I simply can't stand waiting any longer and decided that  this summer is decision time.
Pages: 1 [2]