xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adaptec Announces GameBridge and GameBridge TV  (Read 1459 times)

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
Adaptec Announces GameBridge and GameBridge TV
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »

Dang,
Im stupid. I thought it would let you play the games on the pc without the console.

Sincerely,
Retard

However,

I have an ati aiw 9800 and it works great. However SOME i repeat some usb tuners and even pci tuners i have tried have a 1/2sec delay. Those were not on my monster of a pc though. It was a 933mhz p3.

My 2gig p4 works well. I have another pc thats a 1400mhz and it works well there too, no probs yet.

NO BSOD, as long as i dont use another application while play the games

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

Ummm.. this is news how? I bought one of these babies last year and it works great at HD resolutions. Albiet its for the Xbox only, it is still 1000x better than something that is converting 720p at best into 1024x768, which is NOT a native TV resolution so you will have some scaling issues. The X2VGA+ lets me use my xbox on any device with a VGA input and run in its native 480/720/1080 resolutions instead of converting to PC spec resolutions. You will always have quality loss when your converting different video standards.

1080i = 1920x1080 interlaced.
720p = 1280x720 progressive

Side-by-side, progressive scan will show a clearer picture than interlaced.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

its news to all those people trying to run their xbox on their laptop monitor

seriously though, whats with  people trying to use their laptop as their screen?
LAPTOPS HAVE THE WORST LCD SCREENS PEOPLE!!
slow pixel response time, uneven backlighting, and theyre small

youre better off using your games on an old crt with the vga connector

gamemaster14

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

I am thinking it has to do something to make the games look better if it requires 1.3ghz. They also say it takes 250mb hard drive. Normal video in software doesnt take near that much. This item would be worth the $69.99 if it truly displays the games in 1024X768. I have always had ati all in wonder cards, and they always end up making the game atleast a little blurry. We will see if Adaptec has done something good soo enough when someone reviews it.

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

Ok, I guess I am lost. Why is the world would anyone WANT to run a game, which has textures, models, etc designed for a certain TV resolution/aspect ratio to run in a non native resolution? Your just asking for trouble and let down. There is no way a game designed to run at 720 or 1080 is going to look even close to its original intentions due to wrong aspect ratio and lower resolution.

Simple test, take a nice digital picture at 1920x1280 and resize (not crop) it down to 1024x768. The picture wont look right because the aspect ratio is different. So if its a picture of a person, they will end up looking like a fun house of mirrors person. Does that sound appealing when trying to play COD2? Sure, may be a little funny for the first 10 minutes, but I am sure it will get real old real fast.

Again - 720p = 1280x720, exactly how is a game supposed to look the same when scaled down to 1024x768? You are taking away a couple hundred pixels off on direction and adding 48 pixels the other way.

I have fallen for Adaptec's "hype" in the past and have always been let down. If its not a 2940UW scsi controller then forget it. I spent hundreds on the 2400a IDE Raid controller from them and was a total POS.

pdottz

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 04:30:00 AM »

ace.

have you ever ran a game on a computer monitor? or a better way of saying it is, an HDTV is nothing more than a pc monitor.

i use to run my dreamcast on my pc monitor with the dc vgabox. the clarity is just hands down better than anything you're use to now. regular tvs and such do not compare at all.

try it out if you have a dreamcast, you can probably pick up a vgabox for $5 at an ebgames somewhere.

ShyGuy91284

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

Not a terrible idea to target gamers with it.  Any of you look around for a capture card that you know doesn't have delay?  Unless you have used it before, it can be hard to tell if your capture card is going to have that 1/2 second of delay that makes playing action games impossible, since most manufacturers consider that irrelivent in specs.  You can probably do it if you look in the right places (like here), but when looking in other computer forums, I had terrible luck finding ones that didn't have delay.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 02:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(pdottz @ Dec 14 2005, 03:37 AM) View Post

ace.

have you ever ran a game on a computer monitor? or a better way of saying it is, an HDTV is nothing more than a pc monitor.

i use to run my dreamcast on my pc monitor with the dc vgabox. the clarity is just hands down better than anything you're use to now. regular tvs and such do not compare at all.

try it out if you have a dreamcast, you can probably pick up a vgabox for $5 at an ebgames somewhere.

heres the thing, this if for running video from your console > computer > monitor
not console > monitor

for devices like laptops that dont have native video input, or for devices like consoles, vcrs, dvd players, etc. that dont have vga outpouts

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

http://adaptec.com/w...10&cat=Products

99 bucks, USB 2.0, USB Powered, comes with an RF cable in the package

sounds like a pos to me

gamemaster14

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

$69.99 for the regular version without the tv features

http://adaptec.com/w...ing for Your PC

I am still waiting to see a review of this because if it truly delivers High Res graphics then it will be worth it. A regular tv in card usually makes the video look worse then on a tv screen since the game system wasnt designed to display on a computer screen. Hopefully a good site does a detailed review of this thing so we can put to rest if it is worth it or not.

josh182

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 01:01:00 AM »

I've also been waiting for any news/reviews, and want to know an eta when BB, CompUSA or CC will have it on their shelves so I can return it if unhappy.

I'm interested in purchasing as well, I want the portability of using my xboxs with my laptop for those times when I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of carting an extra tv, especially if it's only a couple of short lan sessions.  Also be nice for random things like road trips or quick tsops in the back of a van lol.  

In the mean time, does anybody know of any other usb tv tuners that don't have any lag?  I see Best Buy does have the ATI USB 2.0 TV Tuner... it needs to be powered externally though.  An added bonus would be on that does HDTV too...

gamemaster14

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

Does anyone know if this thing has been reviewed anywhere yet? Does it truly deliver high resolution on a computer monitor and allow you to capture high res stills and movies?
Pages: 1 [2]