xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adaptec Announces GameBridge and GameBridge TV  (Read 1454 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Adaptec Announces GameBridge and GameBridge TV
« on: December 12, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »

Adaptec Announces GameBridge and GameBridge TV-- Posted by XanTium on December 12 23:09 EST
From the press release:

Adaptec Desktop Solution Group, announced today the Adaptec GameBridge (AVC-1400) and GameBridge TV (AVC-1410). These patent-pending gaming products are the industry's first for connecting and playing Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation 2 and GameCube games on your PC or notebook to leverage significantly enhanced graphics without experiencing any performance delay. In addition, the GameBridge line is unique in allowing gamers to record game sequences and best moves in order to replay and share with friends - an "instant replay" capability that is a first for the gaming industry.

With the ability to deliver higher quality resolution - up to 32-bit color 1024 x 768 pixels, a PC Monitor can provide an enhanced gaming environment. However, when connecting and playing console games on a PC or notebook, gamers experience a significant performance delay between moving the joystick and seeing  the resulting reaction on screen.
Adaptec GameBridge's innovative, patent-pending technology eliminates this delay and delivers the same TV-connected performance while providing a host of additional benefits that were previously unavailable. Now, serious gamers can play, record and replay gaming sequences with contemporaries, enabling learning for strategic games while accumulating bragging rights for individuals.

Read the whole press release on teamxbox.com.

BlitzenWagon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

sounds great... worth looking into depending on cost and benefits. maybe a nice little reviewing is in order.

adaptec is know to me.. they make great SCSI controller cards ;-)

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

Would this be able to also capture TV? It seems logical that it would since you just connect the rca (and hopefully hd cables) to it and then to your pc. If it can, it might be worth the price they're asking biggrin.gif

DantheOutcast

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

so what is this thing? is it a usb tuner card?

frieko

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

up next on courttv! adaptec vs. macrovision!!

eDeus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

Wow. They have come up with a composite input card! Oh wait, graphics cards have long had RCA inputs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If they have eliminated lag thats great but let me get something straight:

Hardcore Gamer:
"Lets pwn some n00bs"
(boots windows up)
(boots xbox)
(goes to kitchen for a drink, trips over all the cables going across the floor)
(starts up software)
(plays a bit of xbox at his computer desk)
"Boom headsh0t!"
(windows/software BSOD's)
Watches his pwnage over and over again?

I just dont get the purpose. Oh well. Another one for US Patents.

zX_Storm

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

I'm with eDeus on this.. I've had a TV Tuner card for about 2 years, and it has worked magic. But whats the point of this? Just another tv tuner card with a fancier name (and a patent)??? Maybe we'll find out what it's publicly available and more reviews. Time for Tom's Hardware to check it out! smile.gif

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »

I think it's an external USB capture device, and all previous ones have had some lag between what gets outputted and what gets displayed.

If it supported component and 720p, I'd probably get one for my laptop when I travel.

This post has been edited by ZildjianKX: Dec 13 2005, 06:23 AM

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »

sounds like this is an external capture device for laptops
obvioiusly, if you have a desktop, you probably got some kind of capture card thats hardware based and doesnt suck (badly)
but when dealing with usb capture cards, its a whole other story. Maybe thats what they set out to fix

DangeresqueBrady

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 12:43:00 AM »

So what exactly would be the best way to get an Xbox360 feed onto my laptop?  I have a beautiful 1280*800 screen.  I'd love to get a high quality image on it w/o having to shell out the money for an HDTV.  What do you guys think my best bet is?

Lamer123

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »

Weak ! It is just a usb tuner .

How is this news . It is like anouncing that they made wireless game adapters even though the same concept has been out forever .

d0pe

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 04:13:00 AM »

Wow, great marketing! They had my attention for 2 minutes.. I think Adaptec did a real good job. Almost as good as the SmartXX and team Xecuter, Xodus, DMS, Ghost, Matrix, Muppet, Magic Mushroom or some other bullshit selling modchip innovators (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Ok, some of these modchip developers/creators did have real cool innovations, I'll admit that.

TheSandman87

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »

it almost sounds like that slingbox...I WANT

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 05:33:00 AM »

if it does component at a reasonable price I'm all over it...

if it's just another USB composite/S-Video capture device then i call shenanigans  muhaha.gif

pdottz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 06:39:00 AM »

the only way i see this being a usuable device is if it does an ACTUAL 1024x768.

what i mean is, you can get a usb capture device from radioshack and best buy and etc etc... for under $50. these devices however only upscale the from the console to 1024x768. you get a fuzzed image. the same as if you where to enlarge a 600x800 pic in the gimp or photoshop to 1024x768.

maybe i'll hunt around today for one and see how it does.

my hats off to adaptec if it does a true 1024x768 instead of upscaling. if not, then a regular vga bios with a transcoder for $70 would be better to play on a monitor.

btw, i have a 10 year old hauppage bt8x based capture card. very playable when i use it for consoles.

wait and see i guess.
Pages: [1] 2