xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Assistance Needed - No A/v - No Rrod - Dash Seems To Be Booted - Tried  (Read 272 times)

Guilty's_Park

• Archived User

That's a real doozy, the only thing I can think of is to contact the previous owner and see if you can get your money back. You should always get the seller to demonstrate to you that the console does indeed work when buying one face to face.

Sorry I couldn't be much help... do you have any other devices connected to the TV(s) or just around that could be causing interference? I know you've tried different cables but are you sure that when you tried composite the cable's switch was set to SD, and when you tried component it was set to HD?

If you are unable to return it, and it is past warranty/you do not want to send it to M$, then might as well open it up to see what's going on around the A/V port. I remember I bought an original Xbox that was not working from someone, and when I opened it up it had dead cockaroaches, their feces, and who knows wtf else so I just put on a mask and gloves, cleaned it out and it worked fine.

Maybe if you're lucky you have a similar situation  biggrin.gif

wilgo45

• Archived User
Assistance Needed - No A/v - No Rrod - Dash Seems To Be Booted - Tried
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »

I'd say either:

A dead Gpu chip or one needing to be reballed

- Or -

You have some Diodes out or shorted that feed the AV port hub.  Those diodes - surface mount, very small, 3 connection spots  .... SOT-23 package style

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740159