xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Get Optical Adapter To Work  (Read 79 times)

MasterMind

• Archived User
Can't Get Optical Adapter To Work
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »

Try unplugging the HDMI and use only the optical,  plug the vid into something else, dont use the hdmi, listen to see if its outputting audio at that point.
It sounds like the receiver is not taking advantage of the fiber and is assuming audio is coming from hdmi.
my cheap sony does it.  Also just because the red light is visible dosent mean its sending anything it just means that its on.
It could be that the HDCP is prohibiting the audio output. You can get around this by switching to component. It will give you 1080I not P  and will allow you to use the optical

onlysublime

• Archived User
Can't Get Optical Adapter To Work
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(MasterMind @ Aug 13 2010, 03:26 PM) View Post

Try unplugging the HDMI and use only the optical,  plug the vid into something else, dont use the hdmi, listen to see if its outputting audio at that point.
It sounds like the receiver is not taking advantage of the fiber and is assuming audio is coming from hdmi.
my cheap sony does it.  Also just because the red light is visible dosent mean its sending anything it just means that its on.
It could be that the HDCP is prohibiting the audio output. You can get around this by switching to component. It will give you 1080I not P  and will allow you to use the optical

thanks for the reply!  it's very much appreciated.  

I ended up returning the device though.  it was just too much headache.