xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 X-clamp Fix Worked, But Graphics Freeze  (Read 125 times)

JuliVerHJ

• Archived User
Xbox 360 X-clamp Fix Worked, But Graphics Freeze
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

Seriously maybe you just change the screws?,it damages your gpu very much...

ravendrow

• Archived User
Xbox 360 X-clamp Fix Worked, But Graphics Freeze
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tonyx429 @ Aug 6 2010, 09:18 AM) View Post

I fixed my xbox 360 using the x-clamp fix because it had rrod.
It works fine (turns on and everything), but about 10 minutes into a game the graphics freeze, but theres still green lights, no red lights, and still sound from the game. How do i fix that?
Also, when i turn on the xbox 360, after a minute the heatsinks are really hot, is that normal?
What could cause it to be really hot?
My theories:
The screws replacing the x-clamp are big, so when i put the motherboard back in, it bends alittle and i have to push it down, so i could put the av cable in the input.
Also, because of it bending, the power button in front, when i plug it into the motherboard, it only goes about half or 3/4 into the input.
Is that the problem?
Should i drill a hole at the bottom of the metal casing so the screws could go through and the mother board does not bend?

holy crap i thought we got people away from this bad repair method months ago. my advice DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, next got to craigslist or hell even the yellow pages and find someone who has either a BGA Rework station or a reballing station ( alot of technical schools have reballing machines) other wise you might as well go back to youtube and follow the video of the kid kicking his 360 into his pool.