xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Can I Combine 2x 3.5mm Inputs Into My Headset?  (Read 142 times)

thegreatconductor

• Archived User
How Can I Combine 2x 3.5mm Inputs Into My Headset?
« on: June 30, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »

I have Microsoft's VGA kit which plugs into the back of the xbox and gives me a VGA port to plug into my computer monitor. It also has an audio plug which carrys the main xbox sound and is a 3.5mm plug.

I have this plug going to a PC headset I really like and it works good but I would like to also use the headset mic and have the talking sound come into the headset at the same time. So I want to buy

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21993#open full view

My headset mic plug will plug into one side of this adapter and on the other side is a 3.5mm plug that carrys the voice audio.

So my question is how can I combine the 3.5mm audio plug from the xbox and the 3.5mm plug from the controller into one 3.5mm plug that I can use for my headset?

dcrvx2k

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

From what I suspect you are trying to do you can go about it a few ways.  One of these should help.

3.5mm Male Splitter
3.5mm Female Splitter

Fir3Chi3f

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »

Was thinking the same thing dcrvx2k.

And in some games - like halo - you can set speech to come through the speakers. ie in your case come through your headset.

Good luck!

BruinsFan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »

It sounds like you need a 2 channel mixer.

If you have a computer nearby, it may have the 2 inputs and 1 output that you need and the ability to mix it.

dcrvx2k

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

If you have the headset going directly into the VGA cables audio out that means there is no amp driving signal to the headset.  Your best bet is plugging the audio out from the VGA into PC speakers or some kind of amp.  User the diagram below as a guide.  (sorry it is bad but I am at work)

http://www.flickr.co...ade/4815605523/

Mr. Hankey

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »

This is all you need. Turn any PC headset into an XBOX headset with game audio and chat

Headset buddy, Datel, Intec, only let you chat through the headset but game sounds are not mixed in.

XJacker works well, very inexpensive, and they even have an headset amp kit if you want to boost your sound. I think even some pros use it over the Astro Mixamp!