xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hdmi Problem  (Read 81 times)

leprachaun79

• Archived User
Xbox Hdmi Problem
« on: May 30, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

Hi,

Appologies if this issue has been posted before, but I did have a good look here to try and be sure.

The problem I am experiencing is with my TX-P42G10 when trying to play my xbox360 via HDMI.

I have been playing on it succesfully for the past 6months, but last week when I switch the xbox on and navigate to the HDMI chanel there is no signal reaching the TV.

I have tried 3 different cables in the 3 available HDMI ports, but still have had no joy. The xbox is working okay bcos i am stil able to get a signal via component on the TX-P42G10 and on my SyncMaster monitor via HDMI. Changing the resolution settings on the xbox (480p/ 720p/ 1080i and 1080p) has no effect and neither does using the display reset function (press Y and right trigger) when booting up

Strangely, when I use my old arcade xbox on the TX-P42G10 via HDMI it works.

I think the problem possibly occured when I swapped the HDMI cable that i was using for my HTPC in order to play my xbox the last time i played

I've seen numerous other posts on other forums of people expereincing the same issue, but I've yet to come across a definite solution for my problem.

Is there something obvious that I might not have tried or do you think it's a fault with either/ both bits of equiptment.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance