xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Strange Hdmi Problem On Jtaged Jasper  (Read 141 times)

BrooksyX

• Archived User
Strange Hdmi Problem On Jtaged Jasper
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »

Well im not sure about your 2nd question but to answer the first, im pretty sure that all xbox 360s dont boot via HDMI until they detect a signal being pulled from the HDMI port. Right now I only have a jtagged xenon so i cant check, but i used to have a HDMI Zepher and I am pretty sure it did the same thing. If no one else has any input on it I can check if it does that on my brothers elite falcon later.

nitz0

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »

Yeah it would be the same thing as if you had a standard a/v cable and kept unplugging it/plugging it back in(signal). It will reboot itself every time you would loose/pick up signal again(unplug/plug in). Seeing how you have HDMI that's always plugged in, it just looses signal from the tv/xbox-hdmi.

nitz0

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »

Yeah that would drive me crazy. Especially if you can't just pause and watch tv!

nitz0

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »

My HDTV never did that tho  tongue.gif     Try your box on another HDTV if you have access just to see if its your box or TV.

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

im using an third party standard hdmi cable + a selfmade (VGA + Sterero Audio Cable)....
because i want the sound on my Audio system... will try without the cable in the AV port .
thank you for your advise...

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

hey, i tried it without the AV cable for sound and the reset problem doesnt occur anymore...
thank you very much! smile.gif
but, what is the modification you have done to get it working with a AV Cable + HDMI? that would help me very much smile.gif

dcrvx2k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »

Does your home made AV cable out put to VGA?  If it does you will have to add a switch to it so you can change to Component HD.  This will trick the xbox into thinking an HD cable is plugged in and not reset your HDMI connection.  The switch will ground pin 20 for VGA and pin 24 for comp.  If you do not need to switch then ground only pin 24.

RedFarmer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(dcrvx2k @ Jun 9 2010, 10:34 PM) View Post

Does your home made AV cable out put to VGA?  If it does you will have to add a switch to it so you can change to Component HD.  This will trick the xbox into thinking an HD cable is plugged in and not reset your HDMI connection.  The switch will ground pin 20 for VGA and pin 24 for comp.  If you do not need to switch then ground only pin 24.

I have the same problem!

I guess this trick can't be done with the cheaper composite cable as it's a low res cable?