xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Little Tut On How To Modify Stock A/v Cable  (Read 99 times)

MinerWilly

• Archived User
A Little Tut On How To Modify Stock A/v Cable
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »

It's easy to modify the stock composite A/V cable of the xbox360 to fit your own need. Newer cables don't have enough pins but with the high mortality rate of the 360 maybe you has some spare cables lying around.

Here is an RGB scartcable i made out of a component cable following the guide for xbox360 outputs:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=596642
It had optical audio output too so there was enough pins for my need but in the wrong places.

IPB Image

RGB is like component but needs sync, Status & Aspect Ratio and blanking signal too. I got a supersharp picture on my oldschool Sony Trinitron.

This is the way to open up the cable. No ugly marks and scratches and you avoid getting a screwdriver sticking out of your hand too.

IPB Image

Just give it a light squeeze and it will crack open nice and tidy

Desolder the wires from the pins first. Then pull out the pins in wrong places with a plier and GENTLY insert them in the right place. If there is not enough pins you can borrow some out of a spare cable. Be sure not to bend them. Also do not insert them up and down. Solder your new wires to the pins and measure through with a multimeter to be sure you don't have a short somewhere. Some hotglue to keep them in place, but not too thick because then the metal shielding wont fit on anymore.
The metalshielding will be close to the soldering so be sure you don't have a short.

The cable i modified was clearly hand soldered. I spent hours modifiing the cable, just think a little girl somewhere in China makes dozens of these an hour!