xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Turns On But Nothing Happens  (Read 117 times)

Copter64

• Archived User
Xbox Turns On But Nothing Happens
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

the e73 is an ethernet port issue, you either fried a chip by shorting it out, or the ethernet chip or one of it's traces have a bad connection.  Try to reheat the board again but focus on the components around the ethernet port.  

If its just down to 0022, I would try heating the top of the board and all ram chips first let it cool then apply both heatsinks then heat the bottom of the board including the ram chips as well.

Let me know if that helps any.

nitz0

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »

The more times you take a heat gun to "Re-Flow" the solder, the more you damage the solder balls under the BGA'S and the higher of a chance of killing some chips,etc.   First you had E73 only and now you're getting 0022, which isn't good.

You can try to heat the top again but you need something to heat the bottom up as well or you will warp the board. Re-Flowing one side and then waiting for it to cool and then heating the other side isn't going to help you any and isn't a good idea...

It sounds like you have taken that heat gun to it too much... =/

The reason why I am against heat guns and ovens...If you would have taken it somewhere rather than heat gunning it, it probably would have booted but now you're in some mess with the 0022.  All I can say is good luck...

seanzscreams

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »

i have fixed several 0022    and after a e73 too    weird  e73 was the arm controller  that started up the fan    make sure your fan is coming on     if not   do the 12 v mod to it    should solve e73   (after a reflow )  focus  on the top left of the gpu  

0022    cpu   for some reason after doing a e73    i also got the 0022   i did the griddle and heatgun  on the cpu      installed four fans to the same 12v rail under the board    no prob since