xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Green Center Light, No Start Up Lights, Or Rrod  (Read 237 times)

catchthabeat

• Archived User
Green Center Light, No Start Up Lights, Or Rrod
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

Hi guys, I need some major major help! I have a jtagged Xenon, which was running fine and all until I decided to  liquid cool it. I mounted the blocks fine, nice and secure with artic 5 thermal paste. Now, before I hooked up the hoses/radiator, I tried to power it on. When it powers up, the center green light comes on(solid) but there is no ring of light. Also, there is no red lights either. The green center light just stays lit. Now, if I power it ejecting the drive, to boot xell, I get the ring of light to circle, but no video or sound.

My questions are:

Is this an issue with the blocks not being seated correctly, or a loose solder ball under proccessor?

OR

Do you think a wire for my jtag is not connected?

Ohya, and when I turn on the 360, power supply light is green. So 360 powers on, with green center light, but does not spin green lights like it is starting up. What could it be? Jtag, or rrod?

Lurkin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

take a look at your wiring again, perhaps while doing the cooling mod you bumped a wire off for your jtag.

Like this guy here, when he put his back together he bumped off a wire that caused this.  So double check your wires to make sure they are still intact.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...8822&st=45#

This post has been edited by Lurkin: Mar 6 2010, 09:34 PM

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lurkin @ Mar 6 2010, 03:31 PM) *

take a look at your wiring again, perhaps while doing the cooling mod you bumped a wire off for your jtag.

Like this guy here, when he put his back together he bumped off a wire that caused this.  So double check your wires to make sure they are still intact.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...8822&st=45#

Hmm, interesting, I just re-soldered my jtag wires and still no go. Trying a re-flash of the xbr.bin right now.

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

I checked all my wiring, and also reflashed my nand, still no luck. All I get is a Single green light, can anyone help me please?!

bidrug

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

loose the blocks a little, it could work, but last time this happened to me, it was bad solder

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(bidrug @ Mar 6 2010, 06:42 PM)  

loose the blocks a little, it could work, but last time this happened to me, it was bad solder

bad solder? bad solder for...the jtag? the chipsets? which one?

Lurkin

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »

pretty sure he meant bad solder for the jtag job possibly.  when you boot into xell are you using the standard av cable or HDMI?  xell doesn't work in HDMI in case you forgot that.  Just mentioning it as you said you got the ring of lights when you used the eject to boot up.

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lurkin @ Mar 7 2010, 02:10 AM)  

pretty sure he meant bad solder for the jtag job possibly.  when you boot into xell are you using the standard av cable or HDMI?  xell doesn't work in HDMI in case you forgot that.  Just mentioning it as you said you got the ring of lights when you used the eject to boot up.

No, its a Xenon, so no hdmi. I think Im going to try to flash my orig nand on it, remove the jtag wires, and see what happens. If that doesnt work, than its the heat sinks for sure.

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »

OK, tried flashing my original nand and still doesnt work. Also tried reseating the stock heatsinks and still no go. No rrod, no green circle lights, just center green light that is solid. Does anyone know how to fix this?

battlechaser

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »

i had this on a xenon that i fixed and then it did this one day, i searched and searched for an answer then i just started tinkering with it myself trying to get anything even a RROD out of it. i finally ended up just unscrewing the heatsinks letting them sit on the cpu/gpu until it overheated causing 2 RROD then i fixed it that way. maybe this will help you i'm not sure i'll probably get flamed for it but i saw the title and said i've had that!

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(battlechaser @ Mar 10 2010, 04:42 PM)  

i had this on a xenon that i fixed and then it did this one day, i searched and searched for an answer then i just started tinkering with it myself trying to get anything even a RROD out of it. i finally ended up just unscrewing the heatsinks letting them sit on the cpu/gpu until it overheated causing 2 RROD then i fixed it that way. maybe this will help you i'm not sure i'll probably get flamed for it but i saw the title and said i've had that!

Thanks for your input! Il have to try it! I have the heatsinks super duper tight and still no rrod, guess Ill have to do the reverse like you did. smile.gif Thanks and anyone else with ideas or answers?

Porta360

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »

was your system running jtag or just running regular before problem?

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Porta360 @ Mar 11 2010, 12:11 PM)  

was your system running jtag or just running regular before problem?

It was running jtag, but i tried stock nand too and nothing. It has to be a broken solder point somewhere, anyone have an idea?

NinjaNoodles

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »

I hav the same problem it's precursor to e74 I jus reflowed it put a heatsink on the Hana an installed a whispered fan

Copter64

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Try to reflow via a heatgun go over the chipset the GPU and the CPU then let it cool connect your water blocks then reflow from the bottom focusing on where the chipset the GPU and the CPU is let it cool and try it out.

Also make sure after the heatgunning that none of the jtag wires are loose or off.

Good luck smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2