xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Steelseries Headset Adaptor, No Sound At All.  (Read 173 times)

HerrMansen

• Archived User
Steelseries Headset Adaptor, No Sound At All.
« on: March 04, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »

Well it seems I've made quite the ass of myself. I wasn't aware that Microsoft only sends out bloody voice through the controllers. How...very...useful dry.gif

I don't suppose it is possible through a hack or edit somewhere to force the 360 to output both Voice and Game sound through the Controllers? (JTAG or otherwise)

Why don't I just plug in my Phono cables or HDMI? Well I don't have HDMI on my Xbox and there isn't any Phono input on my LCD monitor and having to run a boombox system as well as the Xbox, just seems like a waste of power. unsure.gif

Aeooioio

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »

Hey HerrMansen, did you ever get that SteelSeries adapter up and running so as to get game sounds through your headset too?  If so, I'm curious to know how it worked out for you since something like that would help me out quite a bit right now.

I've been looking at a bunch of these adapter things (SteelSeries, Headset Buddy, Intec, Xjacker, you name it) and I'd appreciate your experience and input before I decide.

I've started a new thread for both myself and anyone else who might be interested in these connectors.  If you could pop on over there and chime in, that'd be great.  Thanks!

Mr. Hankey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »

All you need is an XJacker. Got mine a while ago. Be sure to get the amp kit, but don't turn it up too loud.

http://ve3d.ign.com/...-Amp-Kit-Review

PC-to-Xbox adapters, Xbox Mixamp