xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio But No Video  (Read 66 times)

gnarkilljboy

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« on: December 15, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »

I was playing my Xbox 360 the other day, and the colours went all weird. I shut if off for the day, and went to resume game play the following day. When I turned it on, it had sound, but no video! I have tried different cords, as well, I made sure it was switched to the right selection. I have also tried other tv's. Is there a fix for this?

kipper2k

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(gnarkilljboy @ Dec 15 2009, 05:49 PM) *

I was playing my Xbox 360 the other day, and the colours went all weird. I shut if off for the day, and went to resume game play the following day. When I turned it on, it had sound, but no video! I have tried different cords, as well, I made sure it was switched to the right selection. I have also tried other tv's. Is there a fix for this?

You have a variation of the RROD.  If the 360 doesn't have the X-Clamp then its time to do it. Don't use heat until you have tried to do the basic X-Clamp fix.  Two possible areas that are bad is either the Hana (Ana) chip or the GPU itself.  If the 360 is under warranty and it has a dashboard >7371 then return it for exchange, if dash <=7371 then try your best to get it fixed as it would probably be exploitable.

This post has been edited by kipper2k: Dec 15 2009, 06:12 PM

under420dog

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(kipper2k @ Dec 15 2009, 11:11 AM) *

You have a variation of the RROD.  If the 360 doesn't have the X-Clamp then its time to do it. Don't use heat until you have tried to do the basic X-Clamp fix.  Two possible areas that are bad is either the Hana (Ana) chip or the GPU itself.  If the 360 is under warranty and it has a dashboard >7371 then return it for exchange, if dash <=7371 then try your best to get it fixed as it would probably be exploitable.

awesome way to put it kipper2k that summed it up well....")
just remember Xclamp fix first.making sure the heatsinks are snug on the GPU(peeps been buying washers and not noticing that there was a gap between the GPU).....as for the sizes a standard 5M nylon washer is ok
(per screw, on the topside of the board)as each GPU can be a tad higher or lower...so it is up to the fixer to make sure!
and easy steps  when heating....GPU cool.... check it....ana,Hana ...cool check it....same with the underside....
this way you can pinpoint more to as where whatever happen, if it fails more.....

Kipper2K, i am going to quote you on my re-balling site (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) if you don't mind.........tlabnow.com

Peace....

kipper2k

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(under420dog @ Dec 16 2009, 05:46 AM) *

awesome way to put it kipper2k that summed it up well....")
just remember Xclamp fix first.making sure the heatsinks are snug on the GPU(peeps been buying washers and not noticing that there was a gap between the GPU).....as for the sizes a standard 5M nylon washer is ok
(per screw, on the topside of the board)as each GPU can be a tad higher or lower...so it is up to the fixer to make sure!
and easy steps  when heating....GPU cool.... check it....ana,Hana ...cool check it....same with the underside....
this way you can pinpoint more to as where whatever happen, if it fails more.....

Kipper2K, i am going to quote you on my re-balling site (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) if you don't mind.........tlabnow.com

Peace....

hi there,
sounds good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

ice148

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 03:23:00 AM »

gnarkilljboy, I just had the exact same problem, did the x-clamp fix and been playing since then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

gnarkilljboy

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 06:59:00 AM »

Thanks everyone...I cleaned off the old paste and put new paste on and it works great!