xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio But No Video Walkthrough Fix  (Read 55 times)

abacus1983

• Archived User
Audio But No Video Walkthrough Fix
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »

Hi am new here but thought i would post this hope it is the right section, many people get this problem where they have sound but no video.
i was told bout the penny fix as to resolve heat etc and that the copper displaces the heat so i thought i would try with 2p's instead all from the 80's as they are the same thickness as 1p's but more copper area and it worked great

what you will need is 12 (2 pence pieces) recommended to have them from late 70's early 80's as there is more copper to zinc

some electrical tape i have also done this using masking tape and it worked but electrical is supposed to be better

small flat head screwdriver

small star shaped screwdrivers different sizes

1: take xbox casing apart ,plz follow another tutorial as it is hard to explain with no pics)
2: once casing is removed continue carefully to remove all components, disc drive, fans etc untill all you have is the motherboard in its metal casing.
3: remove screws from metal casing and carefully remove motherboard, plz do this carefully some of my friends have rushed to do this and ended up dropping it
4:once motherboard is removed turn it upside down and place somewhere safe
5: get your 2p's stack them in piles of 3 so you have 4 piles
6: wrap each pile in electrical tape, only wrap once and do it in a cross shape so there is no copper showing.
7: take a small piece of electrical tape or double sided tape and stick each pile to each of the 4 big black chips by the x-clamps, make sure there secure
8: replace the metal casing onto the motherboard whilst upside down so that it doesnt disturb the coin piles
9: replace all screww except the x-clamp screws (little black ones with round heads) leave these out, there will be plenty enough pressure without these in
10: continue to put the casing back together and turn that bad boy on

the ones i have done have worked perfect and been tested up to 4-5 hours of play with no faults havent checked any longer as dont have my own xbox just done other peoples, (SO IF ANYONE FEELS LIKE DONATING AN XBOX TO ME FOR MY OWN PLEASURE I WILL BE TRULY GREATFUL LOL)

The reason i use 2p's instead of 1p's is mainly down to the larger copper as this will dispence the heat nicely
and also because i have heard people trying to do this with 1p's and once they done it they get the red ring error for overheating, so why not go the extra mile and use 2p's instead more heat displacement and im sure every can afford 24p to fix there xbox, since i have used 2ps i have not experienced people getting the red light problem after the visual has been fixed.

hope this helps some people will try to update with pics next time

abacus1983

• Archived User
Audio But No Video Walkthrough Fix
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »

update to add as one of my friends done this with his 360 that was not displaying video only sound, the initial walkthrough worked for him and we got the dashboard up, thats when it happened 5 mins into a demo game screen went blank and 3 red lights on console appeared, damn had not happened to me before, so we took the machine apart again made sure everything was inplace and all was as should be, so we turned it on again and it happened again couple of minutes on the dashboard and blank screen again with 3 red lights, so i suggested we  left the console powered up this time which we did for approx 10 minutes, then i felt the urge to remove the coins and would you beleive worked perfect, ran it for a bit then played a game for about an hour and still fine, tryed again this morning and worked perfect again.

so the coin fix, fixed the initial missing video but then produced 3 red lights and blank screen, but then leaving console on allowing to heat up slightly for 10 mins whilst coins were still inplace must have applied enough heat and pressure to the chips to set them right again as once all was removed conole was perfect, this was done on an old arcade machine with zephyr board i beleive according to the ampage etc