xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fix For Nxe Update That Kills Hdmi Sound?  (Read 74 times)

brando56894

• Archived User
Fix For Nxe Update That Kills Hdmi Sound?
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

I use my xbox in two different places (my room and the living room) and I keep the component cables hooked up to my 20" tv and the hdmi cable hooked up to our 42" lcd in the living room. I was really confused at first when all the sudden I didnt get any sound when using the HDMI connection when it worked perfectly before.

I read around a bit and it seems that the NXE update makes the xbox think that the HDMI connection is a DVI or VGA connection so it doesnt output any sound, the quick fix for this is to turn on the xbox without the HDD attached and once it gets to the xbox screen you plug back in the HDD, it does a soft reboot and everything works fine.

its pretty annoying to have to do this every time I turn on the xbox so I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for this or if microsoft has released an update that im unaware of.

Creepy Noodle

• Archived User
Fix For Nxe Update That Kills Hdmi Sound?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(brando56894 @ Feb 3 2009, 02:48 PM) View Post

I use my xbox in two different places (my room and the living room) and I keep the component cables hooked up to my 20" tv and the hdmi cable hooked up to our 42" lcd in the living room. I was really confused at first when all the sudden I didnt get any sound when using the HDMI connection when it worked perfectly before.

I read around a bit and it seems that the NXE update makes the xbox think that the HDMI connection is a DVI or VGA connection so it doesnt output any sound, the quick fix for this is to turn on the xbox without the HDD attached and once it gets to the xbox screen you plug back in the HDD, it does a soft reboot and everything works fine.

its pretty annoying to have to do this every time I turn on the xbox so I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for this or if microsoft has released an update that im unaware of.

they have released an update on that today, read the thread about it in the general section, its crewing up some 360s.