xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio But No Video  (Read 65 times)

swirlycurly

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »

i tried the x clamp fix and it did not do anything.  Still not video but audio.  I have tested multiple tv's and multiple cables.  I have also looked at all the pins on the av connector. What else is there to check.  I also tried this and did not know it if was normal.  I turned the xbox on.  Then unplugged the av cable.  And got the 4 rrod.  Then i plugged the cable back in and i got the green lights.  But this time there was an image on the screen like in this picture.  picture of screen

This post has been edited by swirlycurly: May 19 2008, 03:04 AM

brandogg

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »

If you want to take a heat gun to the board, you'll probably fix the problem, provided you do it "correctly". Watch some videos, make sure you use lots of foil for insulating the capacitors, buttons, etc, and make sure the heatsink is removed. If you don't want to go that route, then you're going to probably spend at least $90 to have someone reflow your GPU.

swirlycurly

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »

this morning i woke up and tried it out and for some reason the screen worked.  I must have overheated it without the fans then the solder re flowed and now it works.  I will have to install a bunch of fans inside the xbox to prevent this from happening again.

brandogg

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

It's only temporarily gone if all you did is run the system with the fans off. You can add all the fans you want, but it'll most likely come back, and soon. Overheating without the fans will not reflow anything.

swirlycurly

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »

so you are saying i should but they heatgun and do that and it will be permanent
also you said that it did not reflow it, so what did it do

This post has been edited by swirlycurly: May 20 2008, 02:21 AM

brandogg

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »

Just wait for it to come back, then take action. It's possible (though unlikely) that the problem will stay gone, I suppose, so there's no point in messing around if it's working at the moment.

swirlycurly

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:58:00 AM »

the only problem is that this is my friends and im trying to get it to the point that i can give it back and it wont rr anymore.