xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pelicans Air Flo Cooler Sound Issues  (Read 93 times)

Boogyman

• Archived User
Pelicans Air Flo Cooler Sound Issues
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

I just bought the Pelicans Air Flo Cooler and I ran into my first problem. I am using the VGA port on the back to play Xbox with my computer monitor, but I have yet to get sound working. I have the switchs on the back set to VGA and I plugged a red and white RCA cable into the proper ports. What I am trying to do is get sound working on my computer speakers so I used an RCA to Headphone 5mm plug and plugged it into the headphone port on my speakers. Unfortunately, there was no sound sad.gif. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Boogyman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

No one has one of these? Come on I need help with this sad.gif

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:58:00 PM »

I have one, and I have the same setup, except mine works. The only thing I can think of is if your speakers aren't amplified (aren't drawing power from any other source), and the L and R signal isn't strong enough to power them. Other than that, I'd just say return it. I bought one of these for $30 because I wanted all of the outputs that it included, but my fans were running at 12v and the fans in it were running at 5v, so I cracked it open to try to mod them to get them running at 12v. When I got it open, I was greeted with what has to be the worst built electronic item on the planet. It honestly looks like a worse job than I coud've done building it. Heck, they had so little confidence in some of their solder joints, that they covered them in what looked, felt, and peeled off like cheap hot glue. After all this, I'm still glad I bought it, because for $30, it was worth all of the A/V outputs (if they all work), and if you have a 360 that's running at stock fan speed, than the fans in it actually should improve your cooling. So, as long as it works, I'd say it's worth it, but the cheap manufacturing may (or in your case, will) cause some reliability issues. If you just want to have VGA and L and R output, I suggest you return it and use the money for a descent quality VGA cable.

This post has been edited by Bandit5317: Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Boogyman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »

Ok I don't know if this caused it, but I was using this last night and the xbox keep freezing on me. This morning is froze on me then guess what? 3RLOD Yeahhh!!!! So what I am trying to figure out is was this thing so craply made that is was spinning in the opposite direction of the Xbox fans causing bad airflow which lead to overheating? If so im gonna return that POS and now I got to wait like a year before microsoft sends me another one.

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »

1. The headphone port on your speakers is for headphones. Its an output, not an input.

2. It does not take a year to get a console repaired. Try 2 weeks.

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

What I meant was use a L/R to female 1/8 inch jack converter, then plug the 1/8 inch male jack from the speakers (that you normally plug into the sound card) into that. Then plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the speakers. To Boogyman: I think this time the air flow cooler is being accused of a crime that it didn't commit. I think the 360 probably was going to go 3RLOD anyways, because it really does seem like the air flow cooler does a descent job at getting heat away from the back of the 360.

P.S. If you're sending your 360 to Microsoft, then the air flow cooler isn't the only POS that you'll be rid of  laugh.gif