xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Audio But No Video  (Read 251 times)

hignaki

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ronu @ Aug 29 2006, 05:48 AM) View Post

I already asked them that. They said that if the console was opened in anyway then they wont repair it even if it isnt covered under warrenty. They dont care even if you buy the extended warrenty, once you open your case up they wont repair it.

Besides I've already made up my mind what Im going to do with my dead 360.

1. Im gonna scrap it for parts
2. Im taking it to a gun range and shooting it with an AK-47 and then maybe a mauser
3. Then Im going to ship it to MS in a thousand pieces, we'll see how they like that

I will prob also be making a video of me shooting my 360 and it will prob be up in about a week
Then once thats all done im going out and buying a core

Oh yes, because a video of you shooting a hunk of plastic makes you so manly *flutter*

cappy78

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

This just happened to my friends 360. He spoke to microsoft and they are sending him a box to ship and repair it free of charge. His warrenty is up on it, so microsoft must be recieving a lot of these problems. Did you guys have the accessory fan on yours? He did. I'm just wondering if this may be a cause to this problem.

Dr_Bad_Vibes

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

Well i didn't and it wasn't in a case so heat could not be the problem. The thing i had this problem for like a few mins and started switching the cables and stuff and it worked again. a few days later same problem occured. after a bit of fiddling it still didn't work. The day after i just turned it on and it worked again. But now it seems dead. (it still boots the games & stuff.

but the box have been opened so i lost my warranty on this one. I still think it's software/firmware related and not realy the hardware....

mkon

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(cappy78 @ Sep 24 2006, 04:54 PM) *

This just happened to my friends 360. He spoke to microsoft and they are sending him a box to ship and repair it free of charge. His warrenty is up on it, so microsoft must be recieving a lot of these problems. Did you guys have the accessory fan on yours? He did. I'm just wondering if this may be a cause to this problem.

Yup the same thing happend to me just now I have no video but I have audio. I just got a Nyko Intercooler for the 360 today this is a accessory fan. I used it once this afternoon and tonight my Xbox has no video. The kicker is the 360 is 3 weeks old and the warrenty is void.

This post has been edited by mkon: Oct 31 2006, 05:04 AM

Methadon

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

I got a friend that has this exact same problem. I told him to take it back to wal-mart, since their return policy is 90 days I think. He still has the box, reciept, and it's unopened, so everything should work fine. He had a 2005 manufacture date on his tho, I wonder if he bought someone else's returned xbox...

x96mnn

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Add me to the list as well!!

Played fine up until I connected to Xbox live last Month. When I did this it stated there was an update for my console which I downloaded and installed. I had not used the console in two weeks being away, when I returned I played for about 6 hours over two days and the screen started to display the colors odd, I switched diplay modes and it came out of it. Did this a few times and then one day after I restarted it noting but audio. Called MS and explained the issue and how it occured after I downloaded a patch, concole is about about 6 to 7 months old and they are having me send it back for replacement. I am on the hook for the shipping.
No mods on the console, tech never even questioned me on it though which I thought was odd.

georaldc

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

Same problem here (even made a new thread, didn't notice this old one). After a PGR3 update, the colors would look very wierd with lots of bleeding and a green tint over everything. It would somtimes fix itself on its own, or after a restart. Then yesterday, no more video was being displayed after a reboot.

1019sea

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »

Same problem here. Started with green flashing across a couple of games that I played, and then the next day boom! No picture, only audio. From what I've read, it appears to be a GPU problem that only M$ can fix

serath

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 03:41:00 AM »

Have you guys tried the "Towel trick"?  My xbox did the exact same thing.  I did some searching and found that if you wrap your 360 in a towl (to cause it to get really hot) it will work again.  The popular opinion is a cold solder joint that has come loose.  wrapping it up for 10 minutes or more while it's on causes the joint to re-attach itself.  Honestly... this worked for me and it was fine for a while, but the next day same problem.  Towel trick fixed it again so I could play for a bit longer a second time... Just search for it.

damianjmcgrath

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »

My brother had the same problem tonight, and I was racking my brains to think what was wrong.

I went on this forum, the Microsoft X-Box support website and everything.

After about 4 hours, I realised.......the bit that goes into the X-Box was set to HDTV and not TV, meaning no pictures were being displayed.

God, I felt silly!

Jeff.604

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

Mark me down for the same problem.

Aku

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

I just started to have the same problem on a launch system. sad.gif since its out of warranty and its been opened, I guess m$ won't fix it even if I pay?

I wonder if adding a VGA connection would bypass the problem?

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=522608

has anyone tried or can offer an educated guess?

jza802k

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

I have the same problem. I have tried with the vga cable instead of the component and i get the same problem.  I have read somewhere that people have found that resetting the video setttings helped. It didn't for me though. I will include the process in case it helps anyone else. Remove any discs from the xbx and turn it off.  Turn it on again but while the console is loading up press and hold the Y button and the R Trigger.  The xbx will reset itself.  My xbox also had the RRoD a while back.  I remedied that problem by doing the heat gun trick, followed by the towel trick, and finally the x-clamp replacement.  Does anyone know where I can buy replacement vga chips?

This post has been edited by jza802k: Nov 14 2007, 02:20 AM

xjsunx

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

Yea, it seems once your system gets this problem it's done for good. xclamp fix didnt do anything for me. Likewise for the penny fix. I got the video to come back once by doing the y button and r trigger thing but then I lost it when I changed the resolution.

iqplus

• Archived User
Audio But No Video
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »

When your video stops working and audo still plays it is the same thing as the 'ring of death'. You can fix the xbox by replaning the x clamps with an xbox 360 x clamp fix kit you can get off of ebay for $10. Just buy the kit and follow the steps on an x clamp fix video found on youtube or google. If you're not familiar with electronics you should still be able to do it if you follow the steps and take you time. Good luck. if you need help e-mail me [email protected]
Pages: 1 [2]