xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Are Either Of These Tv's Any Good?  (Read 129 times)

bigphill911

• Archived User
Are Either Of These Tv's Any Good?
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

I am looking at 2 different tvs. I can't decide if going with the LCD is worth the extra 400$ or not. The 30" Philips 30PF9946D/37B LCD is 800$ and the specs are here.
IPB Image

The 30" Philips 30PW8420/37B HDTV *NOT LCD* is 400$ and the specs can be seen here.
IPB Image

Let me know if either of these are a good option and if so which one I should get. Thanks and I appreciate all the help!  biggrin.gif

theblujuggalo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

At least you knew that it IS LCD

My friend has a LCD and SWEARS its a plasma, my god it SAYS LCD ON IT!!

And the big kinda tvs are called CRT's

bigphill911

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »

LOL Wow so which one u think I should get? Also we just have normal cable so will that look like crap on it? Is there even a place to plug it into? If not I have a USB TV Tuner Card I could run to my laptop then from my laptop I could stream it through S Video. IDK how bad the quality would be? Also just found another TV that could be nice? It's a $800 32" LCD HDTV from Sceptre. Never hered of the namebrand but the specs look pretty good. Check it out here!
IPB Image

bigphill911

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

So you think the cheapest one would be the best? Let me know what the rest of you think.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

I would personally go with the Sceptre LCD HDTV, I've heard great things about it, and I've seen it in-store and it looked great.

bigphill911

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

See I had never hered of Sceptre thats why I didn't know. You said you saw it in stores where do they sell them at I'd like to check it out. So it does have a good picture though? Would u say the picture compares with other top name lcd screens? Let me know thanks  biggrin.gif

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

I saw it at either my local costco or sams club, I can't remember which.

The picture qaulity was good for a LCD, especially at that price. If you are looking for the best picture qaulity though, and don't mind the size of CRT's, I would recommend that you look at spending about the same on a CRT HDTV as you would have on a LCD HDTV.

Must my oppinion though smile.gif

paranoia4422

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(gamerguy999 @ Jun 15 2006, 04:25 AM) View Post

I saw it at either my local costco or sams club, I can't remember which.

The picture qaulity was good for a LCD, especially at that price. If you are looking for the best picture qaulity though, and don't mind the size of CRT's, I would recommend that you look at spending about the same on a CRT HDTV as you would have on a LCD HDTV.

Must my oppinion though smile.gif

I agree, and there is no better tubes out there then sonys widescreen tubes, esp there XS955 and XBR tube.