xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Great Cheap Monitor?  (Read 79 times)

deke

• Archived User
Great Cheap Monitor?
« on: December 23, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »

Hello, my budget is very very limited. I have decided not to get a HDTV but instead get a LCD Monitor. I found one 17" at NewEgg. It is not widescreen.

The product is:  ViewSonic Optiquest Q7B Black 17" 12ms LCD Monitor.
Link: New Egg for 209
(Not very good at adding links).

I just want to know if this will perform good with 360 vga cables.

And could someone please tell me if there is a way to where I can play widescreen on that monitor like having black bars to make the height shorter therefore giving it a widescreen look.(like when a cutscene comes there are 2 black bars on the screen on the bottom and top that makes it look widescreen). Or dose it look fine in the square picture.

I am terribly sorry for any miswording or if things do not make sence, please do not flame.

I would like to know what you think of this monitor for the price and if it is worth it. And if it display the 360's HD capabilities pretty well.

-Thanks,
           Deke

Sphinx8821

• Archived User
Great Cheap Monitor?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

Not sure if you're still looking for a budget LCD since it's been like 7 days, but in ASDA stores they are selling a 26" rebranded Hitachi LCD with VGA input 1280x768 resolution, Some stores stock a version with DVI input also. I can't tell you what it's like on the 360 as I have still not managed to get a VGA cable for it, and i'm so bloody desperate!!!

But yeah, so far it's a nice TV...crap sound though. But for £480 it's pretty good.

Check your local store to see which one theyve got...

deke

• Archived User
Great Cheap Monitor?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

Thanks for the input, will someone tell me if there is a huge difference in 8m\s or 12 m\s.

Any other cheap good lcd monitors for around the 170-230 range.

Thanks -Deke