xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 480p Red Vs Blue Looks Like Krap  (Read 107 times)

DWells55

• Archived User
480p Red Vs Blue Looks Like Krap
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(bikr @ Dec 21 2005, 10:08 AM) View Post

Hey there.. I have my xbox set to 1080i (native for my tv) and I tried downloading the red vs blue 480p movie.  The video was really blurry and krappy looking.  Shouldn't the video be up converting, or changing the output signal to 480p and letting my tv handle the signal change?  Anyway to make it not look like krap when in 480p (haven't tried 720p yet)  Let me know thanks!!

--Josh

Not the Xbox's fault, it's obviously going to be low-quality.

1. Video is captured from an Xbox 1 via a capture card.
2. Video is encoded to whatever windows media format, and loses picture clarity, to keep the file size down.

bikr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »

Not the Xbox's fault, it's obviously going to be low-quality.

1. Video is captured from an Xbox 1 via a capture card.
2. Video is encoded to whatever windows media format, and loses picture clarity, to keep the file size down

1. it's an xbox 360 going into a hdtv via the stock cable..
2. keeping file size down?? but it looks fine on a sd crt tv.. ? as well as downloaded onto a pc.. so any more ideas?

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »

Crap in crap out.

If you have an HDTV, then why are you downloding the 480p stuff?

The 480p stuff obviously does not scale well to 720p/1080i as it was encoded at a lower bitrate and lower res than the 720p stuff. It is meant for the SD crowd using the 360. Even the EDTV guys will be downloading the 720p stuff.

Comparing how the vid will look on an SD set as opposed to an HD set does not work. Another cliche, apples and oranges. biggrin.gif

SD content looks awesome on my SD set but looks like crap on my HDTV. My HDTivo playing high def through an SD set looks awesome as well via svid but does not even come close to what it looks like in true high def.

Crap in, crap out.