xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Monster Appointed Official Licensed Audio & Video  (Read 114 times)

hugoboss1

• Archived User
Monster Appointed Official Licensed Audio & Video
« on: October 06, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »

Monster Appointed Official Licensed Audio & Video Cables Provider for Xbox 360
October 6th, 2005
Monster Game, a division of Monster Cable Products, and MS Corp. have announced an exclusive North American licensing agreement that makes Monster the official licensed audio and video cables provider for MS’s Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. The cables will be available when the system launches this fall.

“Monster and MS are a powerful combination that will benefit the retailer and the customer,” commented Noel Lee, The Head Monster. “This complete line of new cables will offer the retailer an opportunity for attachment sales with Xbox 360…and we all know how important attachment sales are to the retailer’s bottom line. The benefit to the customer is the best possible performance for their systems.

“Monster prides itself on insuring that all of the immense technologies incorporated into this incredible gaming system is heard and seen the way MS intended by providing the world’s finest cables and accessories designed specifically to the new Xbox 360 standards,” Lee continued. “Monster will have this line of cables ready and in the stores for the launch of this exciting new gaming system.”

“We are pleased to have Monster as our partner,” added Marc Whitten, Director, Xbox Peripherals. “Monster’s reputation for value-added quality and enhancing the customer experience is a fantastic match for our Xbox 360. There are many necessary components needed in order to provide the ultimate gaming experience, and Monster’s exclusive high performance cables are an important member of that list.”

Monster Game’s exclusive THX Certified Xbox 360 products will include Component Video + Stereo Audio (A/V), HD-capable Component Video (supports 720p/1080i output of signal Xbox 360), separates Y / Cb / Cr video signals for HD-capable performance, integrated Dolby Digital 5.1 digital audio output jack (with optional 2.5mm jack to Toslink adapter), and Stereo Audio (L/R) pair (US$59.95); Component Video (no audio), HD-capable component video (supports 720p/1080i output of Xbox 360), separates Y / Cb / Cr video signals for HD-capable performance, integrated Dolby Digital 5.1 digital audio output jack (with optional 2.5mm jack to Toslink adapter) (US$49.95); S-Video + Stereo Audio (A/V), 5-pin barrel type S-Video Connection, separates chrominance (colour) and luminance (brightness) signals for better picture vs. composite, integrated Dolby Digital 5.1 digital audio output jack (with optional 2.5mm jack to Toslink adapter), stereo audio (L/R) pair (US$39.95); Composite Video + Stereo Audio (A/V), Composite Video connection, integrated Dolby Digital 5.1 digital audio output jack (with optional 2.5mm jack to Toslink adapter), Stereo Audio (L/R) pair (US$34.95); VGA Video (no audio), 15-PIN connector, mainly for video connection to projectors, computer monitors and high-end flatscreen TVs w/VGA input, HD-capable video (supports 720p/1080i output of Xbox 360), integrated Dolby Digital 5.1 digital audio output jack (with optional 2.5mm jack to Toslink adapter) (US$59.95); and Fiber Optical Digital Audio (no video), standard fiber optic/Toslink, includes mini-Toslink adaptor (for connection into digital audio output jack found on all MonsterXbox 360 AV connectors), enables Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound when connected to AV receiver/processor (US$29.95).

Source: MarketNews.ca

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »

Is this going to be the cable included in the premium package, or are you going to have to buy them seperately?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »

grr.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 6 2005, 08:55 AM)
oh lord, time to pay for items that are marked up 92%

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Oct 6 2005, 03:21 PM)
eBay!  laugh.gif  That't where I got all my Monster cables for the 'Box.  I needed optical so I went on eBay and bought both composite and component monster cables for, I think, 25 for one and 35 or 40 for the other.  One of 'em came with the optical cable though.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »

dry.gif Monster replaced it free of charge but it took them 6 friggin weeks, during which time I ended up just buying an MS Advanced AV pack just because I wanted to use the damn thing.  All said and done I spent over $100 on FSKING cables! I used the monster stuff when I got it back from then and it worked ok. It's higher quality than the stock MS stuff if for no other reason than it's oxygen free and has 24K gold connectors. When the time came for me to buy HD Component Cables I just went with the stock MS ones. Over the past few years the Monster Optical cable has started falling apart, I've since been given 2 different used generic optical cables from friends that have gotten just as much use from me and are still in tip top shape...

I'll be honest I own quite a bit of monsters products. I used to play synthesizer in a band (called twistedsymphony  rolleyes.gif ) and I used to break cables all the time going to gigs. I started buying Monster cables because they had a life time warranty, they would break slightly less but I'd always get new sets for free (and in good time too). Once the band thing was over and I was getting into car audio stuff I kept using monster cables and was very happy with their quality and performance (the 4X shielded pre-amp cables in my car are great, as is the 10000Watt Capable Amp Power Kit).

A few years after that I started seeing Monster cables in Best Buy as the "superior" option to the generic cables. They started adding fancy plastic grips on them and color coding  etc. Around this time they dropped their lifetime warranty on most of their products.

The stuff they make for car audio is tip top... some of their other stuff is too. But their video game division is total Junk... and all of their products are grossly overpriced.

Their most over priced products are either their DVI cables or those stupidly large surge protectors. both of which price well over $100 a piece.

If you're going to buy Monster stuff buy it from eBay (you can get it new at half the price) or buy from one of their sister brands like "HugFen", it's the same company but VERY different pricing. Only then are their products actually worth the price.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

When I think of monster cables It reminds me of a sweet system I had In my car In highshcool....two JL audio 12's and a 1k watt amp...boston mids and high's..

I hope they dont cost an arm and a leg..

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(hugoboss1 @ Oct 6 2005, 03:47 PM)

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

LOL, I know some people who have $60,000.00 home theatre systems and trust it with those shitty ass overpriced Monster surge strips.

Youd think if they can afford such gear theyd get some real voltage setup and get some real conditioners.

Human behavior confuses me sometimes.

I think Acoustic Research is as good as if not better than Monster stuff and is cheaper. havent used store bought cables in years though. If anythings changed about them, Im clueless.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Seriously though, the power strip thing... there are WAY better power conditioners out there... for the same price as the Monster Surge protector you could get a theater grade UPS.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 6 2005, 04:39 PM)
Acoustic Research makes some good stuff  beerchug.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 6 2005, 12:56 PM)
Agreed