xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Vga Selector/switch  (Read 159 times)

JaXbox

• Archived User
Vga Selector/switch
« on: September 22, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

Since I'll be using my PC lcd monitor with the 360 combined with the VGA AV cable, I've been looking for a VGA-switch/selector but I haven't had much luck  :(

Can someone plz recommend one ?

Basically, in needs to be real simple and only support 2 inputs and 1 output (pc+xbox in, monitor out). Also, I live in Europe so a worldwide-shipping-store would be nice too  :beer:

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Vga Selector/switch
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »

they're pretty common and usually have the hookups to switch keyboard and mouse as well (you'll probably have an easier time and find one cheaper WITH keyboard and mouse than without)

Just do a froogle search for "KVM Switch"  :beer:

I've seen them as cheap as $15 USD for a 2 port one

redwolf

• Archived User
Vga Selector/switch
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

and another note to use a high quality VGA cable with ferrite core filter that hooks upto your monitor. i use the switch box (dabs.com) my original cable was blurry and the screen would shake randomly. :beer:

JaXbox

• Archived User
Vga Selector/switch
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

Thx for the quick replies, guys..
And yeah, I initially stumbled upon those KVM-switches, but my first thought was that I didn't really need the additional mouse and keyboard plugs.

However, (as Twisted said)  they are really cheap, and I guess the VGA-part of those switches are as good as any other "pure"-VGA-switch, so thx for that tip  :)

juan_caliente

• Archived User
Vga Selector/switch
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

beerchug.gif