xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wil O The Wisps  (Read 172 times)

Tripme

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

Anyone got any tips on killing these things.  I think thats how you spell the name of that creature.  Idk why but i can never seem to kill them.  They just like instantly pwn me.  Its funny cause once i see one i just run for my life lol.  Thanks for any tips (man i feel like a nub haha)

m_hael

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

they can only be affected by magic, be that enchanted weapons or spells.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

i was having a hard time killing them until i got the staff from the Mages Guild quest. now i just zap them. ghost were hard for me since i never had anything that could hurt them. its hard to even run from them. they follow you everywhere.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »

Just  hit them. I dunno what the biggie is with them. I find wraiths more annoying (damn tanks) along with skeleton heros.

I always get a stealth attack in when I can, though (90% of the time and I'm a light Battlemage), but even if I take them head on, they die within a few hits.

Tripme

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

Its wierd, cause I dont really have a problem fighting anything else.  I use a silver sword to fight them but I guess maybe I should try out an enchanted sword to see how that works.  Thanks for the quick replies

boxrocker

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »

Apotheosis (staff) takes them out quick.

Deftech

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »

any arrow shot from a bow that delivers 15-20pts shock drops them fast. Its either shock or frost, I dont recall.

saunders73

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

i believe its shock

Carlo210

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Apr 12 2006, 01:00 AM) View Post

Apotheosis (staff) takes them out quick.

33 each element? That's good, but my 40 pts each element touch spell suffices, and it's more versatile since I can use it with my sword and shield out. With my level 75-80 destruction and 420 magicka, I can cast it around 3.5 times before I'm empty. Of course, I make my spells stronger by casting a 100% weakness all elements for 10 secs spell first.

boxrocker

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »

That probably works for you.  But I like shooting from a distance.  smile.gif

I just got my illusion high enough to go invisible for 30 seconds.  I may try your method.  What spell is that?

Oh! Speaking of touch spells, I was messing around with a "drain health on touch" spell at the university.  I went up to one of the other "magisters" and touched her with it.  She immediately started attacking me.  Instead of fighting back I started running (on purpose).  Two mage scholars came running in and I thought "oh crap, that's it, I just got kicked out"...  But quite the opposite.  They killed the "magister" and I got to loot her body.  smile.gif

She had a nice dagger on her too.  Save and try it.  Some of those folks have good stuff!  I also find it fitting to strip the clothes off of all the dead ladies and then drop their clothes beside them.  Kinda like my signature move.  tongue.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

Some of you guys should start 'yielding'. You know, holding block and then pressing A. If you attack someone who likes you remotely, and don't want something stupid to come out of the act, just yield. I keep hearing stories about npc's attacking your playable character because you accidentally hit them. Just yield!

Anyways, my Illusion is at 100 and my magicka at 420, so I can cast 2 minute invisibility spells without trouble at all. I'm going to make a 100% chameleon for 30 sec spell today (when I go home).

boxrocker

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

Yeah, I guess I could yield but I'm no pussy.  lol

Any why yield when the scholars come in and whip their ass for me?  Not only that, I get some cool stuff to sell.  wink.gif

Anyone found the bow of internal frost yet?

Carlo210

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Apr 12 2006, 08:02 PM) View Post

Yeah, I guess I could yield but I'm no pussy.  lol

Any why yield when the scholars come in and whip their ass for me?  Not only that, I get some cool stuff to sell.  wink.gif
Anyone found the bow of internal frost yet?

I remember it. 10 frost, 10 fire, etc. What's its siginificance?

boxrocker

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »

It's worth the most coin in the game.  Just wanted to have that item in my stash.

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
Wil O The Wisps
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

The best solution for these guys is as follows.

Get a detect life spell or enchanted item so you can see them all the time. Use either a silver weapon, spell or enchanted weapon that does magic damage. When the Wisps gets near you and begins to glow red that means it is about to drain one of your main points (Health, Magic, Fatigue) As soon as you see it glow red run away until it stops glowing red. If you do this you will never allow it to recharge it's health.
Pages: [1] 2