xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Moving Hexic?  (Read 866 times)

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
Moving Hexic?
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

I have 2 hardrives and a memory card.  One is from launch and one is from a few months after.  The second hardrive is never used, but has hexic on it.  Hexic is 55mb, so I bought a memory card hoping I could transfer it to my memory card, then to my first hardrive.  I format the memory card, then copy hexic, but it says hexic is to big.  I'm pretty damn sure 55mb is about 9mb smaller than my memory card, so why doesn't it fit?
So now I'm kinda pissed, so I give MS a call.  First I'm told my memory card doesn't work, then they switch to saying hardrive #2 is dead.  I'm not sending anything to them cause I already voided the warrantys.
I bought a sata to usb cable.  Would I be able to transfer with Xplorer360?  I really want to move all my games to one hardrive so I can get rid of the second one.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Moving Hexic?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

the question is, if you move it will hexic work. don't forget content is locked to the harddrive and the profile that gets it. you might end up transferring it over and then having it not work on the new harddrive. the SATA adaptor should copy it no problem (but since you already opened up both drives you don't really need the sata adapter). you should check out the thread on how to get hexic back, that might help you.