xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bizarre Wanted Geometry Wars to be Free  (Read 1368 times)

chuckthefuk

• Archived User
Bizarre Wanted Geometry Wars to be Free
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »

GeoWars is my crack!   5.8 Million and counting :-|   hehe..   400 is well worth this game..

QUOTE(skEwb @ Mar 15 2007, 07:54 PM) View Post

Doesn't it come free with PGR3? I thought that was the full version in the garage arcade.

Its in Demo mode. u cant unlock anything..

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »

If they really wanted the game to be free, then then they should port it and make it available for free to download for the PC. Otherwise, they are just saying it to make themselves more popular.

And why the hell do they not condone free clones of the game for the PC? Read this, and while you are at it, download the free, perfect clone of Geometry Wars called Grid Wars.

Or are they 'protecting their IP' by sending dead threats? Why protect the IP of something you want to give away for free...?

Joeymad

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Mar 16 2007, 04:20 AM) *

If they really wanted the game to be free, then then they should port it and make it available for free to download for the PC. Otherwise, they are just saying it to make themselves more popular.

And why the hell do they not condone free clones of the game for the PC? Read <a href="http://indygamer.XS Filter - 102806 - 4/2006/08/geometry-wars-clones.html" target="_blank">this</a>, and while you are at it, download the free, perfect clone of Geometry Wars called Grid Wars.

Or are they 'protecting their IP' by sending dead threats? Why protect the IP of something you want to give away for free...?

MS and Bizarre have already released Geo Wars for PC. The trial version of it only allows 4 minutes of game play. To get the full version, it costs $7.95. The major kicker here... it requires Windows Vista. This is the reason they do not condone free clones of the game.

Again, Bizarre may have wanted to give it away for free, but MS was the one that said "No way!"

ir0nw0lf

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Joeymad @ Mar 16 2007, 01:38 PM) View Post

MS and Bizarre have already released Geo Wars for PC.  The major kicker here... it requires Windows Vista.

Says who?  wink.gif Geo Wars runs beautifully on XP.  The game only needs DX 9.0c...

Joeymad

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(ir0nw0lf @ Mar 16 2007, 10:40 AM) View Post

Says who?  wink.gif Geo Wars runs beautifully on XP.  The game only needs DX 9.0c...

Yes I know it can be cracked to work for XP, but my point was how MS is capitalizing on this so much.
Pages: 1 [2]