xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: MS on why FFXIII is coming to 360  (Read 333 times)

frieko

• Archived User
MS on why FFXIII is coming to 360
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »

I love competition!! You shouldnt have to buy all three consoles and a PC to get all the good games. That's just dumb. Hopefully there will be less and less exclusives in the future.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

Leading console on a worldwide basis? Must be talking about the PS3 only, since the Wii is ahead of 360 by nearly 15 million.

lcbassist

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »

i think in regards to leading .. doesnt the 360 have the best attache rate. and this would be most important (as console sales sdont really do any good for developers if noone is buying games for it) it hink this is what they are reffering to

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »

im going to have to disagree. the ps3 and 360 are dam near smiler in terms of power. a cross platform game can take advantages of both system features. man i guess you never played any pc game where every pc is diffrent in terms of there power games scale to the diffrent setups. now lazy devs can make a diffrence.

halcyonx12

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »

Of course there's nothing funny behind the scenes, just the usual exchanging money.

eldritch2k4

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(luther349 @ Aug 8 2008, 07:36 PM) View Post

im going to have to disagree. the ps3 and 360 are dam near smiler in terms of power. a cross platform game can take advantages of both system features. man i guess you never played any pc game where every pc is diffrent in terms of there power games scale to the diffrent setups. now lazy devs can make a diffrence.

I think you missed my point. I'm not talking about the processor speed and amounts of memory, since, as you say, games can scale to different setups on PCs. I was talking about architecture. While the following example doesn't hold as true as it once did (because the architectures are the same now): IBM compatible vs. Apple Macintosh as opposed to 1.2Ghz with 512MB RAM vs 4.6Ghz with 2GB RAM.

A cross-platform game can't take advantage of all the APIs of all the architectures of the systems its supposed to be on.

warmaster_670

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

" we're the leading console on a worldwide basis"

guess they must figured if they ignore the wii, it means there aint getting pwnt by it.

Chapel0203

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(halcyonx12 @ Aug 8 2008, 09:59 PM) View Post

Of course there's nothing funny behind the scenes, just the usual exchanging money.

Is it strange to have a press release saying that 'nothing of questionable ethics is going on'? It just feels like when a magician tells me that there is nothing up his sleeves.

Witwolfy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »

Who cares if they bought FF13 the fact is now many more people can experience it not to mention enjoy it. And in terms of preformance both consoles have their pro's and con's im tired of comparing X360 to PS3 . Both have they're strenghts and weaknesses.

The question still remains if FF13 can run on X360 why cant MGS 4 according to Kojima

There have even been rumors that the X360 version will have crappier graphics bu we will just have to wait and see

leo5150

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »

my friend out of curiousity spent like 2 weeks trying to figure out how to open up a ps3 game and he said the video is ALOT of the size of Metal Gear  if they used a compressed video format would probably knock size down greatly,  using compressed video the end user will never know the differnce and also the devolpers with the ps3 dont even try and compact their code they figure why should i with bluray but im sure despite what kojima says it could be done just fine on  a 360  pop.gif

orangpelupa

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »

inst MGS4 supposed to have minimal pre rendered contents?

just like the MGS4 FPS motto

FPS : Forget Pre-rendered Stuff

on this video kikizo_480p60_metalgearsolid4_hiquality_may06.wmv

BTT
Square always bring awesome pre-rendered FMV in Final Fantasy Series.
This Pre-rendered FMV surely will take space.

in Tales of Vesperia xbox 360. The 2minutes 30secons opening video have about 80MB.
codec is WMV9, with 2 audio track, japanese and english.