xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gears Of War  (Read 81 times)

Tripme

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« on: July 15, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

hopefully that is true so then i can get it for my birthday lol

DeadBeets

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

I wish.  More like mid-November I'll guess.  The pull of Christmas cannot be denied.    muhaha.gif

gordita37

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

I dont see it

"Release Date: TBD"

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Gears Of War
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

when i went there it had that date on it.  wonder if that was a slip?

Shinamano

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 06:53:00 AM »

I would be willing to bet it comes out the same day PS3 does...

pingrr

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Jul 17 2006, 07:00 AM) View Post

I would be willing to bet it comes out the same day PS3 does...

Gears of War is made by Epic.  They are also making games for the PS3.  There would be any reason for them to try and do anything that would hurt PS3 sales.  That would only hurt them.  I don't think Gears of war has a big enough name to hurt the PS3 sales anyway.

Shinamano

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

There was a quote from Cliffy B where the interviewer asked when Emergence Day was and he said I bet you could guess...

The game is published by MS so I would have no doubt that the game will be out on the Day the PS3 is out...weather it is already on shelves or hitting the same day I would bet anything that when you can buy a PS3 you can also play Gears of War on a 360.

Deftech

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Jul 17 2006, 02:13 PM) View Post

Gears of War is made by Epic.  They are also making games for the PS3.  There would be any reason for them to try and do anything that would hurt PS3 sales.  That would only hurt them.  I don't think Gears of war has a big enough name to hurt the PS3 sales anyway.

Hurt them?

Thats flawed logic concerning Gears. MS says what goes in the relationship and IF its ready, and they want to launch on ps3 launch day, it shall happen. It wouldnt hinder ps3 sales anyways, but the point still stands, MS makes the decisions.

Epic is much closer with MS, believe what you want. They are making what game for ps3? UT2k7? That or another Unreal Champs will hit the 360 anyways so......

pingrr

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »

They are making UT2007 for the PS3.  I saw an interview from CES I believe were somone from epic was saying that Ureal 2007 was going to be a PS3 exclusive.  They are making exclusive titles for both systems.  What make them closer to MS than Sony?

Im sure it will be out when the PS3 is out.  I think thier launch date will be based on the xmas shopping season not the launch of the PS3.  Granted both will be hapening around the same time.

Deftech

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

If ut2k7 is an exclusive, the 360 will get something along the lines of Unreal Champs 3. But I have a feeling UT2k7 will be coming, maybe a month or 2 after the ps3 version making it a *timed* exclusive only.

An online game like that being on a system that doesnt have the backbone of Live?

Reaper527

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Jul 17 2006, 02:13 PM) View Post

I don't think Gears of war has a big enough name to hurt the PS3 sales anyway.

so because its a new IP you assume it won't sell well? thats like 5 years ago before the xbox launching saying "ahh, this halo thing will never catch on because not alot of people know what it is right now" GOW is getting quite a bit of hype and i personally think it will sell very well. besides,

MS doesn't need to hurt the ps3's launch, they are doing that on their own with
-their lackluster lineup (only interesting looking game is assassin's creed, and thats rumored to be finding its way to the 360)
-their $600 price tag
-their lack of vibration in the controllers
-rumors of games costing more then $60?
-RIIIDDDDDGEEEE RACCEERRRRRRR (had to throw that in for the people that saw that video, not a serious reason)

pingrr

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jul 17 2006, 05:33 PM) View Post

so because its a new IP you assume it won't sell well? thats like 5 years ago before the xbox launching saying "ahh, this halo thing will never catch on because not alot of people know what it is right now" GOW is getting quite a bit of hype and i personally think it will sell very well. besides,

I never said GOW wouldn't sell well.  I plan on getting it and hope it lives up to all of the promises.  Since it is a new game it takes time to build a following and for word of mouth to spread about it being a good game.  Just like when halo came out it was a great game but it never had the sales impact that halo 2 did on the initial release.

I was just saying that if a game was intended to launch against a system it would need to be a game with a very well established name.