xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: To Those Who Care....  (Read 107 times)

Tripme

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« on: March 03, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

Looks like WOW wont be coming to the 360....never liked this game but i guess some people might want to know unless this was already posted somewhere.

No WOW

esc1

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

No loss if you ask me.   tongue.gif

dgrams2003

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

Great!
I haven't played it at all on the PC, but will welcome anything to the 360 with
open arms.
Maybe someday when it is the bargain bin I can try it out.

Tripme

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

I tried like a 9 day free trial on the pc for this game and I absolutely hated it.  You had to be too involved just to do anything in the game.

JimmyDeushku

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

Awesome!! I played this game and it completely ripped EverQuest I & II (the OG of MMOs) off in every way.  This game is a POS.  People need to pick up EQII if they want a real MMO.

Himura

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(dgrams2003 @ Mar 3 2006, 08:01 PM) View Post

Great!
I haven't played it at all on the PC, but will welcome anything to the 360 with
open arms.
Maybe someday when it is the bargain bin I can try it out.

Did you read the "No WOW" part?

I tried like a 9 day free trial on the pc for this game and I absolutely hated it. You had to be too involved just to do anything in the game.

Well most MMOs are like that...

Tripme

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »

I guess just because I got used to Guild Wars that I think WOW is too involved.

JimmyDeushku

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Mar 4 2006, 02:02 AM) View Post

I like WoW - playing right now.

I know so many people who left that care bear Evercrack BS to play wow, now they will never go back.

The game IS involved, so you have to spend some time with it.  I admit there is a certain attraction to games like COD2, where you can get a quick fix, then turn it off. tongue.gif

Jimmy, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know that EQ is not the first MMO.  I guess you could say that EQ stole everything from UO?

Yes, I know it is not the first, but it is the first truly successful and popular one. It is also the most original MMO.  Maybe if WOW got some originality and some 21st century graphics it would be worth playing.  WOW is almost an exact copy of EverQuest Online Adventures: Frontiers on PS2.

Deftech

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

According to the VOIPblog, World Of Warcraft is indeed going to debut on the Xbox360. This comes just one day after Blizzard strenuously denied the game will see a console release in an interview on the MCV UK website. Apparently there was some information on PlanetWarcraft that stated at E3 this year MS and Blizzard will announce a partnership. Boy, Blizzard just cannot kill this rumor, maybe because it would be such a smart move...

Rumor has it that the next port of World of Warcraft, a popular online fantasy game that currently runs only on Windows and Macintosh, will be appearing on MS's Xbox 360 console, and that it will be sporting player-to-player voice over IP features, built-in. Here are the details, grabbed from Planet Warcraft:

At next E3, MS will announce a parternship with Blizzard that will bring World of Warcraft exclusively to 360. The deal is done, and Blizzard is working on porting the game and a console control scheme. This game will also include a unannounced expansion that the PC gamers will have to wait about a month to get after we get this game. Only 360 gamers will be on specific 360 servers, the game will include voice chat, and it wouldn't work with PC gamers.

Sounds to me like, now that Vivendi is calling the shots at Blizzard, the platform-agnostic game maker might be cozying up to the 360 sugar daddies in Seattle.  How about VoIP features on the PC and Mac version? Hello?

pop.gif

whiteblur67

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »

wow was ok
i just felt like a chore to play

glad that it stays pc exclusive

Master X

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

Yeah, I dont really a care anymore because I play Guild Wars also and it kicks ass. Oh if you want to play my character name is Prey X smile.gif

dgrams2003

• Archived User
To Those Who Care....
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Himura @ Mar 4 2006, 08:09 AM) View Post

Did you read the "No WOW" part?

haha

I must have had 'selective reading' that day.. DOH!