xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Drive Clone  (Read 407 times)

Desu Mizaru

• Archived User
Usb Drive Clone
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:18:00 AM »

I'm trying to copy my Xbox Live profile in such a way that I don't have to swap a USB back and forth between two 360s. I want to be able to have the profile stored on 2 identical but separate USB sticks and be able to log into Xbox Live with either (not at the same time, obviously). It seems like this should be entirely possible to me since you are able to move the profile around on a single USB drive and use it on any 360.

I have tried using using Xtaf and Modio to extract all the folders from the working USB drive and inject them into another drive but the profile comes up as corrupt and won't let me use any of my saves or Netflix or anything like that (if that could be fixed somehow then the problem would be solved). I have also tried directly copying the sectors from the working drive to the new drive using Hex Workshop. The drives are then identical according to that program, but when I put it into the 360 it is not recognized as being a configured device. There may just be some sort of partition information I'm overwriting here.

I've searched around on Google and this site for a number of hours now, so giving up and asking for help. Anyone have any ideas or want to point me at something I stupidly missed?

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Usb Drive Clone
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »

Here's what you do:

Insert the first USB stick into your PC and use Xtaf to back your profile up. Insert both USB sticks into the X360, go into the dashboard and in memory settings transfer your profile from the first USB stick to the second USB stick. Insert the First USB stick into your PC, copy the profile from your harddrive back to the USB stick. Your profile will now be on both USB sticks.

Didrik

• Archived User
Usb Drive Clone
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »

Or... (If you have 2 USB slots in your computer)

1. Plug in the first USB stick into your Xbox 360.
2. Move the profile to it-
3. Plug in the first USB stick into your computer.
4. Back up the profile with Xtaf
5. Plug in your second USB stick into your computer.
6. Copy the profile to the second USB stick via Xtaf
7. PROFIT!!!

=)

gopalsingh

• Archived User
Usb Drive Clone
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »

I have 2 xbox's: 1 for xbox live and 1 banned.

I am sick of switching my HD back and forth between them and having to uncorrupt my profile every time I switch from the banned to the unbanned.

I am thinking of cloning my profile onto 2x usb sticks. And then about every month uncorrupt the profile on the banned console's usb and plugging it into my live console to update the achievements I have got on my banned console onto my gamerscore on xbox.com

Obviously when doing this, I would have unlocked achievements on my online console that were synced with xbox.com. But on my profile from my banned console I would not have these recent achievements on the console's profile, and would also have extra achievements that I had got on my banned console.

Would this cause problems? Or would they all somehow sync together to include all the achievements?

Thank you

kaos420

• Archived User
Usb Drive Clone
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Dec 1 2010, 05:16 AM) View Post

Here's what you do:

Insert the first USB stick into your PC and use Xtaf to back your profile up. Insert both USB sticks into the X360, go into the dashboard and in memory settings transfer your profile from the first USB stick to the second USB stick. Insert the First USB stick into your PC, copy the profile from your harddrive back to the USB stick. Your profile will now be on both USB sticks.

I have been trying to accomplish this for a few weeks now. doing it exactly the way you posted worked. Thank you so much!!!!

QUOTE(Didrik @ Dec 11 2010, 11:58 PM) View Post

Or... (If you have 2 USB slots in your computer)

1. Plug in the first USB stick into your Xbox 360.
2. Move the profile to it-
3. Plug in the first USB stick into your computer.
4. Back up the profile with Xtaf
5. Plug in your second USB stick into your computer.
6. Copy the profile to the second USB stick via Xtaf
7. PROFIT!!!

=)

this way simply does not work.