xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Virtual Xbox Live Server On Pc?  (Read 367 times)

alphachaosomega

• Archived User
Virtual Xbox Live Server On Pc?
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »

I have a dial up connection and it is quite impossible for me to be connected to xbox live just to play a game (call of duty black ops: Combat training). Its an offline mode with bots but you have to be online(signed in to live) to play it. My question is: Would it be possible to trick the xbox into thinking it was signed into live but not be. Maybe a program running on the pc to simulate the xbox live server so i can access tjis mode?

Hope i put this in the right thread...

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »

Nope.
This would not be possible.

lehbel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »

It is possible. But the network password in the form of a hash is not stored in keyvault and throughout the NAND. Checked. If it is stored as a hash drive ... I would be able to write it myself:)

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(lehbel @ Nov 19 2010, 05:58 AM) View Post

It is possible. But the network password in the form of a hash is not stored in keyvault and throughout the NAND. Checked. If it is stored as a hash drive ... I would be able to write it myself:)

If you think its possible why does it as yet not exist?

Its not possible

lehbel

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 04:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(No_Name @ Nov 20 2010, 06:01 AM) *

If you think its possible why does it as yet not exist?

Its not possible

nobody knows how to get the hash network password from the console

masterswed79

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »

Dude while your offline go to Local and you can turn bots on in the settings and pick any gun camo ect you want you cant lvl up but you dont need to you already have everything lol!

x Yo1nK x

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(masterswed79 @ Mar 24 2011, 10:51 AM) View Post

Dude while your offline go to Local and you can turn bots on in the settings and pick any gun camo ect you want you cant lvl up but you dont need to you already have everything lol!

this is granted that he already has the needed title update. the Multiplaye>Local>Splitscreen bots werent there upon release. you can throw a google search for Black Ops Title Update 7 (the most current) I'm sure you'll find it
hope this helps.
the only difference between Combat Training and Splitscreen bots is the ability to gain and use killstreaks.

Karubaanarchy99

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »

how can it be impossible when microsoft do it when it comes to buying games on xbox live

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

Not a brilliant first post...... resurrecting a thread from nearly a year ago, that has been dormant for 6 months, and on a question that has already been asked and answered on these forums many times.

Microsoft can make these things work because they have the private signing key to allow them to sign the certificates used to authenticate the encrypted connection between their servers and the Xbox. Nobody else has the key, so nobody else can do it. The maths is complicated, but the principle is trivially simple.

Do some reading about how public key signing and encryption work before you make your next post - or at the very least stick to the newbie section.