xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wireless Troubleshooting  (Read 249 times)

im_so_shibby

• Archived User
Wireless Troubleshooting
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »

Alrighty, I've ran into a bit of a snag with the complications of old against new. Now I know the old wireless networking device M$ previously released with the original Xbox (MN-740) is capable of working with the 360. Most of the people I've came across said they had no troubles with it connecting wireless to a network. Basically, plug n' play. Anyway, this isn't my situation. After numerous trials, I've come to determine I've got a problem (duh, why would I post). I'm running through a modem/(Linksys WRTG54))router setup, 802.11 b/g. The 360, when connected with the MN-740, sees it connected as a hard-line, and not wireless, as it uses the Ethernet port and not a USB as the newer models do. Therefore, it is also obvious that the IP, when set to automatically detect, pumps out a real IP, and not the router IP given off. Now, here comes the problem. I've tried both auto detect and static to which it is set at both a 192.168.1.1XX (Linksys default), and what the laptop I use runs (rather different local IP). I've double checked through the router settings to make sure the MAC could be pushed through, and I made sure my port forwarding I use for Borderlands on the PC wasn't causing a log jam. It wasn't, so now I'm here. Is there something I'm missing, or do I just have my numbers flipped flopped somewhere I'm not seeing? Might help to know I don't have the set-up disc, but shouldn't matter as the 360 doesn't recognize the disc. I would try setting it up via an original Xbox, but I have an E21, and a softmod that doesn't run the M$ Dash at all.

Thoughts?  unsure.gif

(Thanks,    D)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Wireless Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »

You need to configure the wireless adapter to connect to your wireless network. To do that you need to connect it to an original Xbox, or reflash it with the D-Link DGL-3420 firmware and configure it from your PC.