xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Workaround To Use More Than 16gb Via Usb  (Read 243 times)

dennisv9

• Archived User
Workaround To Use More Than 16gb Via Usb
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrgamer0 @ May 20 2010, 01:23 PM) View Post

Hello everyone, there is little to none documented about this...
I was wondering...there is absolutely no way to partition an external HD in a smart way so the xbox360 (not jtagged in my case) will see more than 1x FAT32 partition? (So actually using MORE than just 16gb of a gigantic external HD!)

with the 9199 dashboard you can use usb devices as memory cards; you can also use 16 gig of your hdd for a MU device (uses FATX) and the remaining as a fat32 drive. is the xbox 360 limited for use with a external hdd? i know that the usb devices for use as a MU are limited to 16 gig (9199 dashboard), but i always thought that the xbox recognizes any size hdd as long as it is fat32 formatted (fatx ==> use as memory card;save games and demo's etc.; fat32 ==> use for mediafiles only; no gamesaves etc.)...

mrgamer0

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 03:54:00 AM »

It is exactly as you say! You can use only 16 as MU, and the rest as media store... fact is, i mainly wanted more space to use as game storage, i don't need it for savegames and stuff

Anyway, i just wanted to check if i was missing something, and probably i'm not sad.gif

Tander_ZA

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »

You can store the games on the FAT32 side of the HDD - it will still work as per normal?