xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fallout 3 Dlc Problem With Usb Update  (Read 233 times)

goodgawdz09

• Archived User
Fallout 3 Dlc Problem With Usb Update
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »

<bump>

tbb033

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »

You can install the DLC manually to a hard drive, but I don't know about installing it manually to a USB drive, as I don't have that feature yet. But just in case it helps, here's some info.

For a manual HDD install, you'd need to grab the DLC files in the DLC disc's folder content/0000000000000000/FFED2000/FFFFFFFF/, then copy them to content/0000000000000000/425307D5/00000002 on the HDD.

You'd also need manually install the title update into the cache. I don't know how to get that off the disc, I just found it on a website somewhere, then copied it to the cache directory. If you're still using Live on this system, just playing FO3 should get you the title update (NOTE: I have no idea if installing this DLC manually will get you banned or not, if you're worried about it, don't do it.)

Good luck, I don't know if any of that helps you or not. Hopefully USB is similar enough that you can figure it out or someone else can point you in the right direction for the rest of what you need to do.

mC420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »

follow my tutorial to get the Title Update for Fallout 3 onto a USB here
http://darkjump.co.c...p...t=100&p=652

then do what tbb033 says and extract the content folder from the dvd
and you can use the same program to transfer the content folder onto the usb
you are also able to move the DLC to the HDD which is very convenient biggrin.gif
tested and working by me just a few mins ago

NOTE: you must have the usb attached whenever you want to play unless you put the title update onto your hard drive via XBL or pc->360hdd

drf0r

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »

Hey guys i am new to this forum so bear with me

Now i have the same problem as OP. I have been looking for aolutions for hours and this is the closest i can find.
first question how do i access the "content" folder on this disk alli get is updates video_ts and audio_ts
Second question how does the xbox read files transfered from a computer?
Thnakyou very much i am desperate for a sol;ution i spent far too uch fucking money getting this and im not very rich sad.gif

stevo9871

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(drf0r @ Jul 16 2010, 11:08 PM) View Post

Hey guys i am new to this forum so bear with me

Now i have the same problem as OP. I have been looking for aolutions for hours and this is the closest i can find.
first question how do i access the "content" folder on this disk alli get is updates video_ts and audio_ts
Second question how does the xbox read files transfered from a computer?
Thnakyou very much i am desperate for a sol;ution i spent far too uch fucking money getting this and im not very rich sad.gif

You must open the iso for fallout in a program that can understand xboxiso. For example xbox backup creator has a built in image browser. then locate the dlc and extract it to your computer. Then put on your usb drive if big enough and transfer to your HDD using the xbox.  OR put on your HDD first if you have a transfer cable.