xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Compare Unmod And Mod 360 Traffic  (Read 185 times)

jacetheace32

• Archived User
Compare Unmod And Mod 360 Traffic
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »

real quick since i have to run. Has anyone captured the data from a 360 that is unmodified and compared it to one that is modified. obviously there are factors in the data that are going to be different, but if you have enough 360s data you'd be able to point out similarities such as what is user profile, console id, etc, but more importantly maybe disc id. this is in uber laymans terms but my networking friends out there know what im talking about.

what this allows for is maybe a more concrete idea of what may be caused in the banning of 360s.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

Quick question, why didnt you search? All your answers could of been solved with out making a new thread.

under420dog

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »

yep i even tried jtaging the card and got about as far as a dev kit can get ....tongue.gif

kittonkicker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »

...or as we now have the ability to make modifications to the kernel, simply hook the encryption routines and dump the raw unencrypted data.

I wish I knew more PPC asm sad.gif

SoLovely

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

Regardless, having the unencrypted data would be nearly useless; the xbox presumably fails in the authentication stage, which is unencrypted, if it's been banned. I suppose it would be useful to find out when bans occur though...

and somehow reverse engineering the kernel(maybe? Don't know much about that...) to expose the intricate processes of the authentication, SG key and XK exchanges would be invaluable to someone wanting to do anything with the network (from petty packet manipulation to a complete emulation of the xbox live service). I just wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff...

lehbel

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »

New console on first connection to live, reports two keys 128 and 256 bytes. From any console, you can get these keys programmatically.
While not make out as both of them get 16-byte hash of a network password, the traffic is not decrypted.
Dealt with this issue, I would authorize the xbox360 in Windows NT domain. While useless.

Compare the traffic is useless. There is nothing curious.