xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Avoid Live Connection, But Allow Internet Connectivity  (Read 493 times)

craz3d

• Archived User
Avoid Live Connection, But Allow Internet Connectivity
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »

You guys should look into tomato if you already haven't.  I was on dd-wrt for a bit but was sick of crashing.  Tomato has been much more stable for me and has a nicer UI.

kingpickle

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 02:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(craz3d @ Jan 13 2010, 03:24 AM) View Post

You guys should look into tomato if you already haven't.  I was on dd-wrt for a bit but was sick of crashing.  Tomato has been much more stable for me and has a nicer UI.

I'll try tomato soon as dd-wrt becomes unstable for me. Been using it for about 5 years across several routers and it's been rock solid biggrin.gif

Drefsab

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

Or you could just instead manually enter the xbox's IP address and subnet mask, that puts it on the lan but leave the gateway/dns blank. With no DNS lookups it wont know what IP's to route to, and any traffic to IP's not part of your local subnet will not be routable thus no live access.

This post has been edited by Drefsab: Jan 13 2010, 06:14 PM

kingpickle

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

Anyone know what url or ip the 360 uses to connect to live? I would like to block that so I can still use xlink kai to play online.

mattjk

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Drefsab @ Jan 13 2010, 07:13 PM) View Post

Or you could just instead manually enter the xbox's IP address and subnet mask, that puts it on the lan but leave the gateway/dns blank. With no DNS lookups it wont know what IP's to route to, and any traffic to IP's not part of your local subnet will not be routable thus no live access.

This man speaketh sense.

TheGlow

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »

Nod, good info guys. I was banned and switched my 360 with someone who had no intentions of going online ever again.
So now I have a stock box but still wanted to play a backup on occasion.
So for foolproof security I can disable xboxlive in the settings, leave the gateway empty and then mac filter it out on the router eh?
I just wanna be able to play backups and stream media with tversity again.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(totallyspies @ Nov 18 2009, 08:54 AM) View Post

System Settings -> Family Settings -> Console Controls -> XBox LIVE Access

My banned console, even after connecting had no problem continuing to function as I wanted it to as a media center, but with the buzz, I disabled my LIVE connection this way also.

QUOTE(me2611 @ Nov 22 2009, 11:15 PM) View Post

System Settings -> Family Settings -> Console Controls -> XBox LIVE Access

Thats all i did, And have been fine since when playing system link and streaming movies.

^these

You're immediately blocked from Xbox Live without the worry of the router resetting to factory defaults or setting the Network configuration to DHCP.

sfjuocekr

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »

Why so stressed about getting the ban hammer message?

I have a banned xbox, JTAG'ed and connected to internet no problems. Atleast with the new 9199 kernel/dash it still allows me to use WMC and install games etc.

It's like M$ has removed the corruption/disallowing with the 9199 patch, that was introduced with the 8xxx patches? Atleast I have no noticable side effects apart from getting the this xbox is banned blablabla message everytime I sign-in my XBL account ><

Next to that if you do have side effects, just boot into XeLLous and restore the NAND to whatever you used to flash it with? I keep the file on a USB stick just in case stuff like this happened pre-9199, but it seems to be not needed anymore.

Also, yes Tomato firmware! Much, much, much better QoS support!

Casper1786

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »

I've used the info included with XeXMenu, seemed to work for me fine, i Tested it on my Non-Banned XBL console, and ran connection tests, and i got Network Connection(LAN) but no Internet and XBL.

If anyone wants a little read up on that I will post it here:

FTP)  To prevent the Xbox from connecting to Xbox Live you can set up your
      network as follows

- Use an IP adress outside your routers DHCP IP pool
        If your router use 192.168.1.100-200 for DHCP you could use 192.168.1.210
      - Set up your computers IP as gateway.

The XBox should be able to connect to your computer now but won't get
      access to the internet.

If you have a second NIC just make a direct connection to be sure

Use xbox:xbox@ip:21 to connect

only issue here with this is that you need to configure your PC a Static IP address and not have it set on DHCP, Using your PCs IP as a Gateway I beleive is needed for a FTP connection, if your PC gets issued a new IP from the DHCP for some reason, then it may not be able to connect

Denyingjoker

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »

I hate to hijack the topic but i want to do something similar.

I have a non banned jtaged xbox 360, that i want to keep that way but i want to be able to update Freestyle Dash 2 and get previews for games. Is there any way to only allow the xbox to connect to FSD servers or just block Xbox live?

inspuration

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Denyingjoker @ Aug 9 2010, 03:36 AM) View Post

I hate to hijack the topic but i want to do something similar.

I have a non banned jtaged xbox 360, that i want to keep that way but i want to be able to update Freestyle Dash 2 and get previews for games. Is there any way to only allow the xbox to connect to FSD servers or just block Xbox live?

Turn on parental controls as disable xbox live connection.

Spegs12

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »

Unfortunately blocking live connection from parental controls does not appear to keep you from getting banned. It has happened to me personally and I have seen a thread that confirms information is still being sent to M$ through packet sniffing. I never actually "connected" to Xbox Live but when the KV was tried it was banned. I was signing in with a Live account. I wish they would make a patch that had the option of blocking Xbox Live completely.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »

You should never use a Live account on a JTAG'ed system. I don't think you'll get banned (I haven't) if you use an offline account that you just created, since you haven't agreed to XBL's TOS if you're using an offline profile. I don't think you need to go as far as testing out your keyvault either, you can use your hard drive on another console, and if your first console is banned, then your profile should be corrupted on the other console, correct?

Spegs12

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »

That wasn't the exact situation. I gave it to someone to try a MW2 lobby and it was banned. The profile could not have been corrupt because it never actually connected to Live. I know I should not use a Live profile but I want to be able to update my achievements at some point. I have been using this gamertag since the Xbox days.

coldengrey

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »

I'd love to read additional discussion on topic!
This entire flagging/handshake M$ connection has me very concerned.

Little confused with conflicting replies to topic-
1) Which is the correct method to setting up Jtag on network (router) and blocking all connections to jtag other than PC???

->Have question about using FSD 2.0 and FS Indexer-
2) Can they be run and updated as intended via PC connecting online rather than Jtag console (on same network via router) then simply ftp downloaded updates to jtag console manually?

3) How do you go about running FS Indexer (FSD1.2) via PC rather than Jtag (if possible)?

Have read a lot about this stuff before asking... Just never found exact enough answers/conflicting info.
You can't go the trial and error method with this- you get one shot and you're done if you've overlooked or misconstrued something, you know (other than buying and replacing KV- which would take me forever to figure out!)

Thanks
jason
Pages: 1 [2]