xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Share Media Between A Wireless Laptop And A Wireless 360?  (Read 178 times)

Needlemyer

• Archived User

My Vista Home Premium laptop can see the 360 in the Network Map as well as in the Windows Media Player Media Sharing window and it is allowed.  Though when I try to find my laptop on my 360, it cannot be found (though it does see my desktop PC that is directly connected to my router in the other room).  Also when I try to set things up through Windows Media Center, my laptop cannot find the 360 extender.

I have a Netgear WNR3500 router that my desktop PC is wired to and my 360 and laptop are connected to wirelessly.  I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, but I have disabled that and still no success, so I think it has more to do with the router.

I have tried various sites that tell me to port forward a zillion ports, but I believe there is something I'm failing to do or just not doing correctly.

My laptop is able to share with my desktop PC and my girlfriend's laptop, but no go for the 360 or my PS3 for that matter.

I've read a myriad of threads across several forums where people have their 360 wired and their laptop wireless or both wired, but have yet to read anyone doing them both wireless.

If anyone could offer some advice or a step-by-step guide for my exact situation, I'd be very grateful.

I tried doing this months ago when I got my laptop, but gave up and said f' it.  I'm now trying again and determined to get it to work and in doing so I must ask for help.

Thank you!

NXE_WAR

• Archived User
How Do I Share Media Between A Wireless Laptop And A Wireless 360?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »

Hi there ,

Have you tried Tversity for sharing your media ?
Give it a try read the faq and everything so you get it right.
If that doesnt work its probably somthing with your router , maybe try a reset.
But if it works , check that your windows is activated properly ( i got this problem before )
Check your windows firewall settings , also might want to try to uninstall the xbox360 extender on your pc.

Let me know if you tried this

Grtz

This post has been edited by NXE_WAR: Aug 9 2009, 08:37 AM

MickeYd420

• Archived User
How Do I Share Media Between A Wireless Laptop And A Wireless 360?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »

im having the same problem with a bridge in xp...

using a crossover cable and wifi

I was using windows 7 in which it wasnt activated....

i would turn both computer(disabling xbox lan card)  and xbox on.... connect to wireless network first....important...let it identify ur network ssid

make sure its home not public ,you''ll see the picture

enable xbox lan

connect...

that worked everytime in vista and 7...

this xp bs wont give me a valid ip address...ive tried ipconfiging and manullly entering settings but still no luck..

i can conect to xbl via ICS but i cant stream i think i need the bridge to work...

i get no internet on the laptop wen the bridge is enabled even wen a ip goes through