xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hard Drive Formated In Fat32  (Read 157 times)

3hree6ix0ty

• Archived User
Hard Drive Formated In Fat32
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

bump

3hree6ix0ty

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

bump

Chimp5000

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:17:00 AM »

I man not certain about the first question, as both of those operating systems should recognize it right off the bat.

However, for the second question...

Don't solder them to the usb.  I simply made small holes for the usb cable(s) to "dangle" out of the back of the 360.  This allows me to easily extend the hdd's usb cable to my computer via a usb extension cable, as well as plug it into the 360 whenever I want to use it.

Many people would say they don't like the idea of having more cable dangling out of the back of their Xbox 360.  However, I intend to play on the Xbox and listen to movies/music. Not stare at the back of the xbox and look at the cables coming out of the back.

I recommend doing it this way, as it is the easiest method and allows you to hook up the HDD to your Xbox or computer with ease.

3hree6ix0ty

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »

ah ok that cleared it up with the usb part,
now can you tell me how do i acces fat32 in vista? i can see it in computer management/storage/disk management

but how do i put files on it [:

thanks

Phoenix203

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(3hree6ix0ty @ Jul 17 2008, 06:42 PM) View Post

ah ok that cleared it up with the usb part,
now can you tell me how do i acces fat32 in vista? i can see it in computer management/storage/disk management

but how do i put files on it [:

thanks

Vista is able to read fat32 drives by default, but I think your problem may be that it does not have a drive letter assigned to it, so it will not show up in My Computer. To solve that problem, go to back to where you were (computer management/storage/disk management) Then right click on that hard drive/partition that you wish to change, and click Change Drive Letter and paths and then assign it a letter that you would want, it should list only unused letters, so any of them should be fine. Then your drive should appear in My Computer.

It is always possible that this is not your problem, but from the information in the reply I quoted above, it seems that this is most likely the problem.

stippy420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

If you plan on putting movies on the drive later on, you'll want to format it HFS+ or you're stuck with a 4G file size limit. You'll need a 3rd-party app, like MacDrive, to format it. Just fyi. =)