xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wireless Adapter Issues...  (Read 84 times)

compfreak

• Archived User
Wireless Adapter Issues...
« on: June 14, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Coreyokc @ Jun 6 2008, 11:59 PM) View Post

Hello,

I have seen many different things on different sites about the $99 microsoft adapter.  I own the dlink dir-615 n router which I can connect both wired internet computer and my laptop wirelessly.  I used to use my 360 wired and now am switching to wireless due to the wife hating the tacky ethernet cords everywhere.  I plug the adapter into the xbox red light go to network settings and its greyed out, cant access it at all.   Tried the other 2 usb ports to the same thing.  

What else could I do?  I have turned off the box, unplugged everything, replug everything, and no worky.  I have moved the wireless router 15 ft away from the 360 same thing so the distance isnt an issue.  There is no ethernet cable back into the xbox.  

So is my wireless adapter shot?  Do you guys think I should get another one?

Thanks in advance.....

Hello..

Late post for your answer but it mite help some one else with the same issue... i got one of the ms adapters and i spent hours trying to get it working... theres alot of people with this same problem "reading other forums" and even ms dont know what the problem is... seems to work on most 360s but not some... any way there seems to be no fix for this problem

it would be best if you take the adapter back and get a refund. and if pos use a wired network cable. i was lucky my router is in the same room as my 360 so not a big issue for me