xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Nics And Xbox Live  (Read 188 times)

E-Ravishing

• Archived User
2 Nics And Xbox Live
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »

My last resort is to buy a router.  My first resort is to buy a cable modem just for my 360.(craigslist saw for $15-25 )

I have my cable modem wired to my PC.  I used to switch the modem connectiom back and forth from PC to 360.  Everytime I had to call the cable company to reset the modem.

I have another ethernet card in my PC.  I plugged the 360 to that and bridged the connection to my card that has the internet.  But I can't get onto live that way.

QUESTION: How can I use two NICs to get onto live......do I need a crossover?  And when I connect what settings do I need to configure in regards to my network.  

Thx in advanced.  I did do a search.....found so much info but none to this particular question.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

This post has been edited by E-Ravishing: Oct 20 2007, 04:06 PM

E-Ravishing

• Archived User
2 Nics And Xbox Live
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »

Never mind I found something useful.  Thx.... pop.gif - _ -

unr3al

• Archived User
2 Nics And Xbox Live
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »

I have done this before and it worked quite easily.  Simply bridge the two connections and use a crossover cable from second nic to xbox.  No special settings were needed, that's all I did.

flippy10

• Archived User
2 Nics And Xbox Live
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

Sometimes, you'll need to manually configure the IP address on the receiving side of the shared connection. Some NICs are very finicky about how they send out data, or won't actually send out resolvable DNS information. Most of the time it'll work right out of the box, so to speak though.

E-Ravishing

• Archived User
2 Nics And Xbox Live
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »

Actually it's even easier than that.  Just plug the same ethernet cable that came with the xbox and enable ICS for the main card.  BAMN!  Well, that's what I did.  Worked fine.  I changed to a router set up.