xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Access Usb 360 Device From Home Network?  (Read 117 times)

PortFl0w

• Archived User
Access Usb 360 Device From Home Network?
« on: October 11, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »

hey guys, first post. Im gettin ready to do a little project  where i want to permanently mount a toshiba 1.8 20gig hard disk internally to the xbox via usb hub (soldered to the mainboard), along with internal wifi. I dont like external devices attached they look kinda tacky to me so i like to integrate everything. now my question is, is there anyway that i can access the usb harddrive that i will mount inside of the xbox on my home network from my pc so i can modify the data on the drive without physically connecting it with a usb cable to my pc? i can see the xbox on my network, and temporarly installed a usb jumpdrive just for testing and i cannot access it from my network. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks alot guys.  
PS. this forums been alota help! good times.

mrp04

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

Not possible.

PortFl0w

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

ok cool, thanks for the response man. ill just have to mount it, and run the 4 usb wires to one of the ports than use a male/male usb cable to physically connect it to my pc. i got my toshiba usb converter but got sold a bad hd hehe, o well i returned it i should be getting a 30 giger. ill let you guys know how it goes! hmmmm just had a though, i wonder if i can run a network storage device type setup internally in the xbox.... hmm that woudl work.