xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Alternatives To Xbox Live?  (Read 80 times)

yllekb

• Archived User
Alternatives To Xbox Live?
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »

I apoligize if this is a repeat question, however I was unable to find an answer...

I am not looking to play on XBOX live at the moment, but I want to 'system link' or something similar with a buddy of mine. Is is possible to link our boxes over the net with out going through XBOX live.

Are there any alternatives to XBOX Live (or a way to direct connect) that will allow us to play?

Thanks!

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »

XLink Kai Evolution VII works with xbox360 and xbox1 on all system link games. it allows you to connect to 100s of people all playing various system link games over the XLink Kai servers daily.

This is only my opinion but i feel that halo2 on kai Xlink rules over xbox-live any day of the week.

Here is the link to thier site http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ just sign up for a free login account and install and setup the software.

Hope that helps (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Overloaded: Apr 5 2007, 04:23 PM

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »

Apperantly Xlink Kia is working on the 360 now (from a post I read the other day, and I checked it out, the download page doesn't say the newest version works on 360, but there is a 360 section of their forums and they discuss which games you can play, so I assume it IS working, but I haven't tested or played it yet).

Xlink Kia works only with games that do support system link.

dmanjohn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »

Also you XBconnect which is the same as xlink but some people like one better then the other it only works with games that have system link games but GoW has a ping filter which makes it impossible to play on xbconnect with that game at the moment. XBOX Connect