xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: An Unusual Reversal Of Your Typical Requests  (Read 81 times)

Toptomcat

• Archived User
An Unusual Reversal Of Your Typical Requests
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »

Unlike 99% of the folks asking questions here, I'm not exactly looking for a way to mod my X-Box 360 with other parts. (Please don't jump down my throat, this seemed like the best place to post this despite that fact.)
I'm looking for a way to 'mod' my computer with X-Box 360 parts. You see, my PC's wireless network adapter has just gone on the blink, and it occurs to me that the XBox 360's does essentially the same job, and has a USB interface to boot. Why couldn't I get it to do double duty?
But, sadly, I've run into a snag. Though Windows recognizes it as some form of wireless device, it wants drivers that I do not have- and, I suspect, do not presently exist.
Thus, I actually have a few questions.
1. Could the Xbox 360 wireless adapter theoretically function as a Windows device with the same task?
2. If so, has some kind soul already hacked together the software I need? If so, where can I find it?
3. If not, could one of you XBox whizzes take up the challenge of fixing up the Xbox 360's wireless adapter to function as a Windows networking device?
4. If not, is there another forum I can post in where I'm likely to get a better response?