xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 54g+ Vs. 360 Wireless Adapter  (Read 127 times)

Mol10

• Archived User
54g+ Vs. 360 Wireless Adapter
« on: June 16, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

Could someone could help me with a technical question with the 360 wireless adapter and my new router. The router supports turbo mode (54g+) and i get upto 125mbs with the pci lan card from the same manufacturer. Ive been checking out some ethernet bridges recently in a bid to find a cheaper alternative to the official MS wireless adapter and almost gave up until i saw a us robotics gaming adapter that supported 54g+ turbo mode.

Does anyone have any idea which will be faster in this setup? Regardless of price (the us robotics adapter is a little bit cheaper) i'm inclined towards the official option but if i was to get faster speeds from the gaming adapter i would go for that.

Any help would be appreciated.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

FUCKMICROSOFT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

my friend pete has the wireless usb, and for 99 greenbacks i'm not pleased at all. his connection frucks up all the time when playing graw.  it might be a better idea to look into an ethernet based netgear or belkin wireless access, if you really want wireless.  honestly, nothing is better than wired, i downloaded perfect dark demo (about 900 megs) in about 12 minutes.

fozey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(FUCKMS @ Jul 25 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

my friend pete has the wireless usb, and for 99 greenbacks i'm not pleased at all. his connection frucks up all the time when playing graw.  it might be a better idea to look into an ethernet based netgear or belkin wireless access, if you really want wireless.  honestly, nothing is better than wired, i downloaded perfect dark demo (about 900 megs) in about 12 minutes.

having wireless or wired isnt going to change how fast you download perfect dark demo

Wffsoccer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(fozey @ Jul 26 2006, 10:35 AM) View Post

having wireless or wired isnt going to change how fast you download perfect dark demo

Gotta love the idiots that have no idea what they are talking about

(not you, the quy you quoted)

FUCKMICROSOFT

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »

thanks for that last comment, really helpful. At least you got your post count up Wffsoccer.

anyway, about the time it takes to download a perfect dark demo, what i meant was it downloaded without any hiccups or broken connections, something which my friend experiances all the time with his wireless which results in a longer download time on demos.