xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mouse+keyboard For Gaming  (Read 303 times)

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Mouse+keyboard For Gaming
« on: December 22, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(stargazer- @ Dec 22 2005, 02:40 PM) View Post

There was no usb ports on xbox1 right? I didn't own a xbox1, but did they ever hack it so it was possible to play games with a mouse+keyboard?
I only get frustrated when I'm trying to play PD0 and other fps games, knowing how easy it would have been without the controller. Would I have to wait for a modchip? Would kind of suck since I still would like to play pgr3 and other games on live, but I won't be buying any fps games for the 360 anymore unless there's some way to play singleplayer with a mouse.
I know you can't know if it will be possible on the 360, but just wondering if it was possible on the xbox1, and without a modchip too?

Yes it was possible on the first xbox and yes, without a modchip. And its highly likely it will be able to be done on the tree-sixty because of the usb ports already on the system.

Diablohead

• Archived User
Mouse+keyboard For Gaming
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »

Yeah the first xbox had some converters that alowed ps/2 mouse and keyboards to work over the pad ports that are basicly usb.

The x360 has usb keyboard and mouse supports but its disabled in games, ms said that they alow support for them but not for gameplay as it will break the balance.

If you play halo2 online lately you can tell when someone is using a keyboard and mouse.