xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Usb Flash Drive As Memory Unit  (Read 4056 times)

Arakon

• Archived User
Usb Flash Drive As Memory Unit
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »

cleanest way is to use a voltage regulator. you need 3.3V, not 3, btw.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »

No, for my project I need +/-3 volts.

As I said before, what I am doing has nothing to do with this topic.

buckneri

• Archived User
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

just a thought but has anyone tried using the hard drive connection point to add something?

i just cracked open my box to reseat the heatsinks. yay rrod and i need a hard drive for this unit... i stumbled on this forum because i wanted to see if anyone had any luck getting a thumb drive to substitute as a hard drive or a memory unit so i can avoid buying a drive or a mem unit since i have about 50 thumb drives.

but i noticed that voltage may have been an issue as well and i would assume that the hard drive point is a higher voltage... and it would be a modified sata connection i would assume.

dunno.. good luck either way guys.

Mulpsy

• Archived User
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

I know Im replying to an old post but im pretty keen to see if someone can get this USB memory thing working.

Has anyone bought one of these Datel expandable memory cards? http://us.codejunkie...__EF000778.aspx

I might buy one and open it up for a look.

sabreman

• Archived User
« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

Or better yet, they also made this hard drive, which connects to the xbox 360 via usb port. If somebody could buy one and crack it instead of the card, we would be much closer to our goal. And besides, this hard drive only costs 29.99 unlike the memory card above, which is 49.99

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(sabreman @ Aug 16 2009, 12:38 PM) View Post

Or better yet, they also made this hard drive, which connects to the xbox 360 via usb port. If somebody could buy one and crack it instead of the card, we would be much closer to our goal. And besides, this hard drive only costs 29.99 unlike the memory card above, which is 49.99

your link was broken, but i assume you are talking about this?
http://us.codejunkie...__EF000172.aspx

if thats what you meant, that doesn't look like a solution. that looks like its just a 4 gig usb harddrive. in the features, it doesn't say anything about being able to save games to it, it only mentions using it to store music and such.

that drive will function the same as a 4 gig thumb drive.

ONI5

• Archived User
« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »

andre...

• Archived User
« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »

Hi everyone... please i need help  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I made the whole process with my 512mb MU.... but i just soldered a 20 ohm resistor in the Vusb and that was all... i plugged the MU in the pc and it recognized, i installed the drivers and tried to open with xport. It opened but i cant see the files, i can just see 2 partitions with nothing inside (except for some 2 nonsense files)....... and after soldering it didnt recognize in the 360, so i took off all the wires and solder and the xbox started recognizing again.
What did i do wrong?

thanks everyone

and great forum

J4ck0wsk1J

• Archived User
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.. I don't want to overpay and buy a MS memory card. Just to think if MS cut the price in half of the card we probably wouldn't be complaining about this.. I'm surprised that after so many years noone has been able to figure this out?? Can't someone just purchase a memory card (that has more knowledge than I do about them), take it apart and solve the problem?

tweakthings

• Archived User
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »

You can now use USB flash drive as a memory unit. Microsoft did an update couple days ago.

M3Roc

• Archived User
« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »

Im just curious. I need extra usb ports. Since these memory cards use a similar interface as usb, can I solder a usb pigtail onto the board and source 5v from else where? Will these mem ports recognize regular USB devices? Basically my question is, can these mem card ports be converted into usb ports.

happychloe

• Archived User
« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »

hello,
why just take a 512MB one which  just costs you around 20$
just like this one
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]