xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Falcon: Could Not Detect A Flash Controller!  (Read 801 times)

ocultist

• Archived User
Falcon: Could Not Detect A Flash Controller!
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »

Hello, excuse me for my bad english, i really do my best!
I'll start from the beginning. I have a falcon (based on the picture with different power bricks) and i soldered the wires for nand reading. Then i dumb the nand several times i check it with degraded, then i checked it with winhex and i saw that the CB is 5770, so i make the jtag wiring. Then i flash xell, then xellous. Everything was fine until i put flash drive with xbr. Xellous flash updflash with xbr, but when i restart the box (after waiting 30sec) it just flash the center led, and after that i just died, after many atempts i managed to connect it to nandpro and flashed with original nand. The box was back to life. I repeat this procedure several times, and it dies at exactly the same place, but the last time it dies totally. After many tries to connect with nandpro i was forced to use the 5 volt mod. It worked, but i put i large ball of solder on the nand, after cleaning it, i was able to write and erase on nand, but i can't read it gives me errors. So i leave it for several weaks, remove the nand clean the pads and the chip, resolder it, redo the wiring, just to be clean i tidy. But after that i can't do nothing with nandpro. Tried on another pc, the same story. On 5-10 try nandpro find the nand, but with wrong flashconfig. before i redo the wires i was flashed xell, So i try to flash xellous with flash drive and after that, i have center led blinking green and after 10-20 sec 3 red led start flashing. I really sorry for my bad english and i appreciate every help.

P.S. Pictures of my soldering.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image[/url]Uploaded with ImageShack.com
IPB Image
IPB Image

P.S.2 I read somewhere, that LPT reading/writing is hit and miss, so i make Darkstar's usb/spi flasher, but still nothing