xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 16mb Jasper Flashed 3a-xbr To Nand But No Xell Just Boots Normaly With  (Read 253 times)

krayzie

• Archived User

why would you even use something obsolete like xbr?

boflc

• Archived User
16mb Jasper Flashed 3a-xbr To Nand But No Xell Just Boots Normaly With
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(golord @ Mar 7 2012, 04:31 PM) View Post

what should i use? that was the method I learned, if you could point me in a better direction it would be much appreciated, but just making fun of someone because they don't know better doesn't accomplish anything but lowering others opinions of you.

i don't think he was making fun of you .. -yet-.  in fact, his restraint raises my opinion of him (ha!).

just grab the standard xell/xellous from xbins instead of using xbreboot.  no need to flash a full dash.  using xell/xellous, you'll get your key and then use that with xebuild (or one of its umpteen not-completely-necessary wrappers [tho rogero's is the best of those]) along with your original dump.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(golord @ Mar 7 2012, 09:31 PM) View Post

what should i use? that was the method I learned, if you could point me in a better direction it would be much appreciated, but just making fun of someone because they don't know better doesn't accomplish anything but lowering others opinions of you.

Wasn't making fun at all. I was hoping my coment would stimulate you to make a quick search at one of the countles informing posts or tuts on how to succesfully perform your exploit.
Luckily for you a nice member like boflc points you in the exact direction.

golord

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »

ok sorry guess i was a little defensive, so i am sorry, I have done many searches( 2 weeks of research before i attempted it ) and the 2 tuts i had found had worked multiple times before and this one was was acting strange. thank you for your input and sorry again for being all defensive....i have jtag tool and have used it a little but the nand dump and flash seem to take twice as long as just using nandpro, so have been doing that manually with nandpro. so thank you for all your help i do appreciate it, i want to learn how to do it right, just not that knowledgeable yet.

ok sorry guess i was a little defensive, so i am sorry, I have done many searches( 2 weeks of research before i attempted it ) and the 2 tuts i had found had worked multiple times before and this one was was acting strange. thank you for your input and sorry again for being all defensive....i have jtag tool and have used it a little but the nand dump and flash seem to take twice as long as just using nandpro, so have been doing that manually with nandpro. so thank you for all your help i do appreciate it, i want to learn how to do it right, just not that knowledgeable yet.